Chapter 22

12 HOURS BEFORE CHAPTER 16'S BEGINNING

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Mai's P.O.V.***

I laid on the bed with a blank expression while I starred at the wall and sighed every now and then. It had only been a day since the boys had figured out that I had been starving myself and they were watching me like hawks. Liam wouldn't let me not eat now, and- trust me- he was willing to force the food into me. I truly hated them for all of this. I wanted to go home so badly. Just the thought of it made a tear slip out.

They had all tried to talk to me, but they gained no response. I could tell that they didn't know when I was crying; I would force myself to be quiet about it so that they wouldn't come over and try to comfort me. I didn't want them to touch me. I just wanted them to leave me alone.

I felt a hand rest on my arm and I jerked my shoulder quickly to shake the hand off, but it came back and gently forced me to role over. Liam sat beside me on the bed when I was rolled over to look at him, and his frown deepened when he caught sight of the tears in my eyes. He reached out to wipe them away, but I turned my head away from him and he sighed heavily in response. ''C'mon, sit up,'' he instructed and I saw him grab a bowl of cereal from the side table.

''I don't want to eat,'' I mumbled while I stayed in my position.

''I know,'' he replied before his hands found my armpits and pulled me up in the bed anyways as if I was a small child. He brought the spoon to my lips, and I bowed my head after taking the spoonful. I was too tired to fight back anymore than I already had today. ''You have to come with us to a concert today,'' he informed me before continuing, ''Don't try to run away, please.'' I didn't offer any promise because I was already trying to think up a way to do just that. "You could've been kidnapped by a rapist or even a serial killer, Eira," Liam pointed out, bringing another spoonful to my mouth, "be thankful that you're with us instead." I still stayed quiet, trying not to pay attention to his words.

''Um, Liam,'' Harry called from the other bed. Liam looked over at him and waited for the curly haired boy, who had bowed his head when Liam looked at him, to continue with what he wanted to say. ''I think it's about time I told her.''

Liam apparently knew what he meant even though I didn't, and he replied with, ''Are you sure, mate? You don't have to.''

''Maybe it'll make things better for you and the boys, you know,'' he shrugged. Liam nodded slowly before he placed the bowl of cereal on the side table and left the room. Harry stood from the other bed and walked over to mine; taking the bowl of cereal into his hands while he sat down beside me. ''There's something that the boys haven't told you,'' he started after a few spoonful.

''What could possibly be worse than what you've already told me?'' I questioned with bitterness dripping from my words. His eyes looked pained when I said it, and he set the cereal bowl back down before taking one of my hands in his. I was about to pull it away, but he started to talk again and I became distracted by what he was saying.

''It's not their fault that you're here,'' he began and I scoffed, but he shook his head and began, ''No, it's true. Just listen. The night that we came to your house, we asked your mum if we could take you with us and she said no so we were going to leave in the morning-.''

''Yeah, and you did; with me,'' I cut in, but he shook his head.

''That wasn't the plan though, we were going to leave without you and just try to come up with the songs ourselves,'' he insisted, ''But then I saw you on the porch with you friend and I got kind of... jealous. I convinced Louis to help me carry you to our van when the boys were sleeping and then we woke them up afterwards. We left in the morning, we drove to the hotel, and the boys had no idea that you were in there until we got to the hotel.''