Chapter 15

***Mai's P.O.V.***

''Mai, what's your first name?'' Harry asked me as we all sat in the room and ate the desert they had ordered from room service earlier. We were sprawled out everywhere; each person having their own little space in the room except for Harry and I because he was finished eating and his head was now resting on my lap. Everyone looked towards us when he asked and I felt my cheeks start to burn as they all waited for me to say something.

''Yeah, what is it?'' Louis pressed on after there was a short silence, ''you have to have one, but instead of using it in your letter you just wrote the initials.''

''People just call me Mai,'' I shrugged, ''it's easier than my actual name.''

''But what is your actual name?'' Niall questioned.

''It's Eira,'' I told them. They all gave me a confused look and I mimicked it just to make them laugh.

''That doesn't start with an 'E' though, it starts with an 'A','' Liam countered after they were done chuckling, ''A-Y-R-A. And your letter said it was an 'E'.''

I shook my head, ''it's not spelled like that; it's E-I-R-A.'' Their mouths fell into 'O's as they understood and I nodded along. ''My father wasn't from America, and when they named me he wanted to name me a traditional name from his culture.''

''What was his culture?'' Zayn wondered.

''Welsh,'' I answered. They all nodded and went back to eating except for Harry who was still looking up at me with a puzzled look on his face.

''So what are we supposed to call you?'' he queried.

I shrugged my shoulders dismissively at his question, ''I guess you can call me whatever you want; I don't have a preference, but the spelling tends to make people confused.'' He stayed quiet for a moment and I thought he was going to stop talking about it, but I thought wrong.

''What does your family call you?''

''My mother calls me Ay, and my dad calls me Mai,'' I supplied.

''That's odd...'' Liam stated.

''What is?'' I questioned.

''Your dad wanted to name you Eira, but he doesn't even call you by that name,'' he explained, ''why doesn't he call you Eira?''

I closed my eyes as I thought of whether or not I should answer that question. After all, I trusted these boys now, but I didn't know if I could tell them everything without them freaking out. So, I went with the safe answer. ''My dad isn't actually my real dad, my real dad- the one that insisted on my name- isn't part of my life anymore. My mom and him divorced when I was younger and he didn't really take it too well,'' I told them, ''so, my step father is more of a dad to me than my real father ever was, but he calls me Mai because he knows that my biological father used to call me Eira.''

''Oh,'' Liam sighed, noticing the bit of sadness in my eyes, ''I'm sorry.''

''No, it's okay,'' I assured him, ''it's in the past.'' How I wish that was true...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating, and sorry for it being so short. At least it gives you some new information, and it raises a new question. What's Mai hiding?

-cow_queen