Epilogue

Claire and Heath sat opposite Logan and Ava with a coffee table in between them. They were in the living room of Logan and Ava’s house during the afternoon. Claire had no idea what she was doing there in the middle of a workday, but she was there.

Both Logan and Ava had serious expressions on their faces while Heath looked just as clueless as Claire.

“So…” Claire spoke. “What are we doing here, exactly?”

“I heard a rumor recently.” Ava spoke before she glanced down at Claire’s lap which her hands were resting on. Around the ring finger of her left hand was the engagement ring Heath had given her a few days ago.

Of course. Why else would they be called there?

Suddenly, Ava burst into tears, and both Heath and Claire became flustered at the sight of a sobbing Ava. Logan wrapped his arm around her and Ava buried her face into his shoulder as she continued to cry.

Claire felt damp and knew she was probably sweating. She didn’t understand what Ava was crying about, and Logan looked awfully grim for some reason.

The room was silent except for Ava’s sniffling for a few moments, but eventually, she spoke.

“When?”

The one-word question confused Claire.

“When what?”

“When is the wedding date?” Ava elaborated.

Claire was startled by the question and looked at Heath. He stared back for a few seconds before answering, “We haven’t decided yet.”

“Make it soon.” Ava demanded as she turned her head and stared at the couple from the corner of her eye. “As soon as possible.”

Heath stuttered, “A-Actually, Claire wanted to-”

But Claire quickly elbowed her fiancé in the side, cutting him off. If Ava found out that Claire had wanted to postpone their engagement announcement—no less the wedding date—Ava would probably cry even more…or worse.

“We’re still working on the date.” Claire answered. She had wanted to live peacefully with Heath, but it seemed that wasn’t going to happen. Not yet at least—not until the wedding was done and over with.

“If you need help, I’ll gladly assist.” She said before she sat up straight, no longer leaning on her husband. “I’m tired of having sons who are bachelors. They need to settle down.”

“Speaking of your sons…” Claire muttered as she glanced to the side.

The four of them weren’t the only ones in the room. In fact, there was another couple at the side who were sitting in a loveseat of their own. However, the woman did her best to not look at the man beside her. The man stared straight at her, wanting her attention.