Chapter 2

Claire immediately began to evaluate exactly who this Heath Bishop guy really was.

Like she noticed before, he was a handsome guy. His hair was slicked back and he had the shadows of facial hair, as if he hadn’t shaved in a few days. Also, his suit was tailored to fit exactly the outline of his body from his chest to his arms and his long legs.

This was Claire’s previous boss’s, Logan Bishop, son. And there were similarities, making it obvious that the two were related. But the one thing that was especially obvious was his eyes. From afar, they looked black, but if she got up close enough, Claire would see that they were actually a dark, dark blue.

From her current distance, Claire wouldn’t normally be able to tell. But from what she had experienced with Logan, just the thought was enough for confirmation.

“Heath Bishop.” Claire nodded her head. “It’s nice to meet you.” Immediately, she walked over to him and offered her hand out of politeness. After all, this was her current boss. “And yes, I am the manager of this building. My name is Claire Sparks. If you need any information about Bishop Lodgings, please come to me and I will help as best as I can.”

Elli snorted behind her, but Claire ignored her friend. Though the day-care was off on its own, it was still in the building, meaning it belonged to Heath as well. Meaning he was also Elli’s boss, whether she knew it or not.

Heath reached out to grasp Claire’s hand and shook it gently, yet firmly. His grip was good, but any sort of man knew how to shake a hand. As for now, Claire couldn’t exactly tell what kind of man Heath was. His father was a good man. She’s met with Logan plenty of times to know that. But this was his son.

His–possibly spoiled, most likely rich, from-over-seas–son.

“Thank you Claire.” He nodded. No smile. “I’m glad I met you.” They released each other at the same time, their hands falling back to their sides. “At the moment, I am just observing to see how everything functions. But if I do stumble upon any questions, I will come to you for assistance.”

“Of course, sir.” Claire smiled, but once he nodded one last time at her and turned away and walked out, she let her smile immediately fall away from her face. “Behave yourself, kiddies.” Claire simply said to the children without looking at them before she walked out as well and shut the door behind her.

Heath Bishop had disappeared, probably to look at the rest of the building. Claire walked up to the front desk where the employee who made the comment as she passed by was standing. He looked at her with wide eyes and pointed, assumingly, to where Heath had walked off to.

“Did you guys talk?”

Claire nodded. “Though it was short. What’d he say when he came up to you?”

“Well…” he scratched his head. “He saw you and asked who you were. When I told him you were the manager, he trailed right after you. But geez!” he exclaimed. “I was taken off guard. I heard others saying he was going to visit today, but I wasn’t expecting it to be that soon!”

“I know what you mean.” she muttered mostly to herself. “Anyway, keep up the good work.”

“Of course.” He gave Claire a small salute before she continued on to where she was originally heading to. Which was to finish her check-ups. She had gone through all 23 floors and finished most of the first level. But there was still the kitchen left.

As she made my way there, Claire had to pass through the dining area, where there were many guests sitting and enjoying their meals. It was about the early afternoon, so many were having lunch. But there were more people out since Bishop Lodgings was right in front of the beach.