Chapter 12

“Heath?” Nora said shocked before she sputtered. “Oh my-I’m so sorry! I thought you were Declan! God, I’m such a four-eyes.” She quickly plucked her glasses out of her pocket and put them on before she squinted at the figure who was Heath, not Declan Bishop.

“It’s fine.” Heath said with a smile on his lips, accepting the apology.

But Nora still shook her head. “No, I’m really sorry. I’m usually able to tell the difference between you and Declan even without my glasses on, but I’m frantic tonight.” She noticed Claire staring at her and quickly waved her hand in another apology. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disrupt you two.”

Claire just smiled, still slightly out of breath with flaming cheeks. “It’s fine.”

Heath cleared his throat and tried to mentally clear his mind of the alcohol before quickly introducing the two. “Nora, this is Claire Sparks, the general manager of Bishop Lodgings. Claire, that’s Nora Banks. As you’ve probably already guessed, she’s the mother of Declan’s child.”

For a split second, Claire had thought that Nora was the mother of his child. But then again, she didn’t take him for the kind to irresponsibly leave a child with her mother. His older brother however…

“It’s very nice to meet you, Claire. Believe me, I’d love to get acquainted with a girl who’s caught Heath’s attention, but I’m on some urgent business right now.” Then she addressed Heath. “Do you have any idea where you stupid brother is?”

Heath took a moment to text Declan as Nora walked over to them and placed the baby carrier down, and a few seconds later, he received an answer.

I’m busy.

Where the hell was he now? “He says he’s busy.” Heath quickly added, “You could just give Denora to me and Declan will pick her up later.”

At those words, Nora scoffed. “Where the hell is he right now that he can’t even pick up his own daughter? The selfish prick.” Her fists clenched in anger, but Claire also saw the hurt in Nora’s eyes.

She quickly hid it though and flipped open the blanket to reveal the cutest baby girl ever. Well, all babies were cute, but this one was especially. Though the girl didn’t really look like Declan in Claire’s opinion. Did that mean Denora looked like her mother?