Chapter 30

Tori’s eyes sparkled with mischief as she stared at Claire from across her desk. The two of them were sitting in Claire’s personal office in Bishop Lodgings and she had just told her friend why she was called to the hotel.

“Are you serious?” Tori asked with anticipation in her voice. “You’re seriously going to cheat on Heath Bishop? And you want me to catch you in the act? Now this is the sort of stuff I love getting involved in!”

Claire narrowed her eyes at her friend. “I’m not seriously cheating on Heath. I just want you to take some pictures that make it seem like I’m fooling around with other guys without him nearby to watch me.”

“In normal circumstances, I would probably ask why, but screw it! Yes, I’ll do the job! For free even! Hell, I’d even pay you if I had to!”

“Really?” she raised an eyebrow.

“No.” Tori quickly answered. “But that’s not the point. Just, when do I start?”

“Now.” Claire opened the drawer of her desk and pulled out Julia’s cellphone. She handed the device to Tori and she looked at it with excitement. “Just take the pictures. Don’t send them, don’t share them, don’t nothing. Just take them.”

“Okay, okay, geez.” Tori waved her hand dismissively at her friend. “Hurry up and get the move on. Wait…” she looked into Claire’s eyes. “Can I keep one? Just one? For commemoration?”

“No.”

Claire saw the look Tori gave her before she looked back down at the phone. She knew her friend wasn’t going to listen. Claire didn’t warn her again though because it would be pointless. Besides, Tori was harmless. She would probably just look at the picture and laugh her ass of on occasion.

“So, who’s the first poor soul you’ll be toying with today?” Tori asked as she smirked and wiggled her fingers evilly. “One of the employees? Or a guest?” she gasped. “What about Chad? That’d piss Heath off real bad!”

“Chad’s useless.” Claire denied him. “And I’m not going to fool around with anyone related to Bishop Lodgings.”

Tori raised an eyebrow. “Then who else is there?”

Claire looked at the clock as she answered. “My brother.” Today, Mai had let Claire know through text message that Simon would be picking up the kids since she was getting off of work late. Since her brother was coming to the hotel, it was the perfect chance to use him.

She looked back at her friend and saw that Tori was grimacing. “That’s disgusting. You’re lucky you’re my friend or else I’d call you out for the shit you’re trying to pull off.”

Claire rolled her eyes. “I’m not going to do anything. Just catch us hugging.”

“A hug? That’s it?” Tori was disappointed.

“You’re so hard to please.” She sighed.