Chapter 14

Claire was sitting in her office, going through some of the paperwork she dealt with as the general manager of Bishop Lodgings. From time to time, she would glance at the clock, and for some reason, time seemed to go by even slower than usual. It seemed like she had been flipping through the papers for hours, when in reality, only a few minutes had passed.

By the time she was finished with all of them, it was barely one in the afternoon, meaning she had a little over an hour left to do what she wanted before she had to go up to the top floor.

Yesterday, she had continued her work day as she usually would’ve. Though after their discussion in his personal suite, she didn’t see Heath throughout the rest of that day. However today, she had no choice but to see him since she made the promise to do so at exactly two o’clock.

Did she have thoughts of backing out? Well, she decided not to think about that question too much or the answer.

Beforehand, Claire had informed some of the other section managers that she would be unavailable from two to three, and fortunately, none of them questioned her as to why she would be absent from her post. They just assumed she had some other business to attend to for the hotel, and they would be right.

It just wasn’t the usual business.

Claire looked at the clock again and saw that it was a few minutes past one, making her groan out loud in annoyance.

Time went by slower usually when she was anticipating for something. Did that mean she was excited for the time with Heath? Of course. They would have personal time together and who knows what would happen during that one hour. But what she was worried about was the ‘what’ part.

Heath would never do something inappropriate, or something he knew Claire wouldn’t be comfortable or ready with, but there were plenty of others things they could do together that she wouldn’t mind and would probably even enjoy.

Plenty of things.

Claire sighed heavily and rubbed her eyes with her hand. What was she thinking about by herself? She needed to get her mind out of the gutter. For all she knew, they would probably just talk and have friendly conversations.

Now that she thought about it, he didn’t mention anything about furthering their relationship into anything like lovers. Yes, Heath called their meetings ‘dates’ but friends could have dates as well. In fact, he said it was a meeting between Claire Sparks and Heath Bishop–with nothing involving their work lives. That didn’t necessarily mean anything sexual.

“What am I doing?”  Claire muttered to herself. She was overthinking it.

They would meet for an hour, doing who knows what. She should just go with the flow. There wasn’t a need to give herself a headache from overthinking the situation.

Claire glanced at the clock again. Only a few minutes had passed.

She clicked her tongue and stood up quickly from her chair. Walking around and checking the hotel always helped pass time. That was the best thing she could do now.