Chapter 4

At the moment, Heath Bishop was riding the separate elevator that would take him straight to the top floor. The elevator was built for the owner’s convenience on not having to ride the regular elevator with other guests.

As for his day so far, it was more interesting than he thought it would be.

He came from England and thought that he was going to spend the rest of his life there. But his father, Logan, suddenly arrived there to pick him up. His father had some business going on in Europe as well and Heath thought he was going to eventually take over those, but it seems his father has other plans for him.

And so, there he was, in the States, taking over his first building of Bishop Lodgings.

Logan basically just dropped him in front of the hotel and told him that if he needed anything or any assistance at all, simply take it to the general manager of the building. His father had explained to him what sort of person Claire Sparks was, but he never expected to meet her and actually have her pass his expectations.

She took care of the guests and the employees. Before, when he was walking around, he spoke to the workers and asked them about Claire. All of them enjoyed her company and wouldn’t have anyone else as their manager.

Heath was surprised when he first saw her. She had strutted by when he was at the entrance desk towards the daycare in the building. His curiosity was immediately peaked and he followed her after confirming with the receptionist that she was the manager he’s heard of.

He never would’ve thought she was the kind who dealt with kids just as well as adults.

The elevator bell rang and he stepped out. Right in front of him was the door to the top floor suite–his personal suite–and he took out his card key and slid it through the pad. The door clicked open and he stepped in.

His body automatically relaxed from the sight. It was large with plenty of space to move around. Since his father just left him here, he was thinking about looking for a house or apartment another time. For now, he could use the top floor as his home.

But that means he would have to call his father to drop off his luggage. The mad old man forgot to take that out of the car before he told his chauffer to drive off. Just what was he planning by sending him here suddenly?

Unfortunately, the questioning would have to take place another time.

As he walked into the room, he saw a bouquet of flowers in a vase on the coffee table. He walked over to brush his fingers against the petals and saw that there was also a card tucked into the flower heads. Heath took it out and read the contents, surprised to see that it wasn’t a normal greeting card for the rest of the guests. This one was hand written.

Welcome to Bishop Lodgings Heath Bishop,

I hope that you will take care and guide us throughout the time we will spend and work together.

General Manager,

Claire Sparks

The corner of Heath’s lips curved lightly before he flipped the card over to see her office number written in blue ink. He flipped it over and reread the card once more before placing it down beside the vase.

Heath’s attention was immediately caught by the large glass doors leading to the outdoor patio. There was a spa with two chairs and a small round table placed at the side. Logan must’ve spent some time up here with Ava. But there was not a single trace of his father or his wife in the top floor. Meaning Heath could officially claim it as his own.

He went back inside before taking off his suit and hanging it on the back of a chair. The top floor really was the best suite in all of Bishop Lodgings. But at the moment, Heath just wanted to rest. From what he saw, Claire did a great job keeping everything in check. He would have to confide in her plenty more times about the building and its people.