Chapter 31 (My brother's wish)

*Lorence’s POV*

That was total bullsh*t! One day we were ok and the next thing I knew she wants me away from her. I couldn’t get it. Did she fell out of love for me? F*ck! And now my dad is saying that I have a brother and we are about to go to him now. Why is this happening to me? I had nothing to do to Ved. I kind of hate her. And now I have to obey dad and go to my brother.

“So again, for those who didn’t listen. I’m referring to Lorence and Lora. You have a brother. He’s ill. Very ill. He’s 2 years older than Lorence. I didn't know I have him. And let’s all go to him now.” My dad said to us. I didn’t know how my mom accepted this but she’s here with us. We are all heading to my brother.

“Come in.” A woman welcomed us when we reached my brother’s room.  They all crowded in front of my brother that’s why I couldn’t get a good look on him but when I did… “Sh*t! You’re my brother?” That was all I managed to say. Who would’ve thought that Vedette’s ex is my brother? Chad Perez! I didn’t mean to cuss but I was really shocked there. “Yeah I know and it is too bad.” Chad replied to me.

“You know each other?” Dad asked us.

“Apparently he is Vedette’s ex, he’s our blockmate and we couldn’t get along.” I answered dad’s question by saying the truth. “Wait, how come you’re my blockmate if you are 2 years older than me?” I continued. Come on. I am curious.

“I stopped, genius.” He answered me with full sarcasm.

“Tss.” I let that one slipped away. He’s ill. I know where to put my limitations.

“I supposed that you now know why I had to do that.” I just nodded with his sudden change of topic. “We have to talk.”

-after more than an hour-

They all left us after that get to know scenario. Lora and Lara ended up liking him because they said that they finally found a more decent and responsible kuya. Tss. Sweet sisters.

“I love Ved.” Chad said all of a sudden to kill the silence that surrounds us. “I had to leave her because I’m ill. She knows that already.” He continued.

“Is that why she avoids me?”

“She’s avoiding you?” Chad asked. He seems puzzled. So I think he has nothing to do with that. But it’s better to ask, “Yeah. She avoids me. Did you force her or something?”

“No. Whatever it is going on between you two is Vedette’s decision. It has nothing to do with me. But I want to ask you a favor.”

“What is it? After all you’re my brother whether I like it or not.” He has brain tumor. It’s cancerous. I have to act like his brother because we’ll never know. And to be honest, I want to be his brother. I always wanted one. Although I hated him and he’s Ved’s ex, I understood what he did for her. If I were him, I would do the same thing.

“That felt good to hear.” He said and continued, “Lend me Ved up until the day I die. Please. Lorence. I’m begging you. I know anytime now I will die, please let me spend my remaining weeks, days, or even hours with her by my side. In that case, I won’t fear dying. I won’t die with regrets anymore.” I can see hurt and sincerity in his eyes. Do I have to do this? I’m not that dumb. Of course I have to. It’s for my brother. All this time I have dad when he doesn’t. All this time I’m healthy when he’s not. And all this time, I know deep down inside Ved that she loves me and she fell out of love for Chad, my brother. I have to grant his wish to me. I really have to.