Chapter 5 (I'm moving)

After Dr. Anderson and that monkey left, my parents look pretty serious. I am still bothered about mom and now dad is acting strange.

“Dad can you please sit down? You’re making me dizzy with that walking-around-the-room thingy that you are doing” I mean it. He was walking for more than 10 minutes now. That and my mom’s silence are driving me crazy. They are so weird!

“Sorry, I’m thinking of something” my dad said, interrupting my thoughts

“What is it? Maybe I can help you” I really want to help them because I caused too many problems already.

“Ok. Vedette, are you open in the idea of staying in the Philippines?”

“That’s your hometown right? Of course I do. I always wanted to go there. When are we going there?” I’ve never been there and knowing that we’ll stay there makes me excited. I just don’t get it why they still act weird, it’s a great idea. It’s not like I’m not agreeing to this thing.

“Yes, but you’ll go there by your own and after a few months we’ll follow you there.” Woah! That was a bomb I didn’t expect.

“Vedette, Dr. Anderson will stay there for good. You know his your personal doctor right? And you said to me before that you’re comfortable if he’s your doctor. So I don’t think getting you a new one will be alright for you. Plus we need to save money as long as we can.” He continued to tell me.

“Do I get to study college there?” It’s my other concern because my health is somehow already manageable, knowing I’m under the treatment of Doc.

“If Mike (That’s Dr. Anderson’s first name. Michael Anderson to be exact) is your doctor, I think yes because he agrees with that but we need to talk to him first. You know other doctors are against that idea right?”

“Yes, how long will I wait for you?” Of course, this is my concern too.

“Maybe 2 to 3 months and we’ll be there. There is so much work here and we badly need money. I promise to check on you every free time”

“Ok then.”

“What do you mean ok then? You should think twice. I’ll let you decide this thing over.”

“No! You’re not going anywhere. We’ll get a new doctor for you” mom protested.

This is going to be hard with mom that is against it but I really think I should go there. I get to study and live by my own. That sure is fun. And besides, my parents will have time for themselves and maybe they will not be that hurt anymore if I die. They will save money also if Dr. Anderson is my doctor. And the best part is I will leave America particularly leave him.