Chapter 22 (The talk)

*Lorence’s POV*

We really need to talk. This guy is a pain in the ass. I mean, I was gone for like 15 minutes and he ended up singing Ved a song. I was out because I can’t find where to buy a bottle of water and I’m keeping my head cool before I see this jerk again. What the f*ck.

“Let’s go to a bar.”

That’s what we did. It’s a great idea. I can punch him anytime I want to. He followed my car. Good thing, he brought his own and Daphne brought her car too. I wonder what Ved is doing now. Sh*t. Focus Lorence. I didn’t even notice that we’re already here. After we ordered drinks…

“What’s your problem jerk?!” I said to him while drinking my beer.

“I love Ved” He straightforwardly said. Assh*le! “I loved her. I love her. And I will always love her.” He continued.

 “Are you that dumb not to realize she have me?”

“Come on man! I know it’s not for real.”

“What are you talking about?” I tried to hide the guiltiness I’m feeling. I worked hard for this and I feel good every time I think that Ved is my girl. Sh*t. What’s happening to me?

“It’s obvious. I’m her ex. I know how her eyes glows if she’s really in love. I also know when she lies.”

“Sh*t!” That was all I manage to say.

“I want you to know that I never stopped loving her. I didn’t want to leave her. I just have to. But now that destiny’s playing with me and now that God made a way for me to see her again, I will get her back.”

“YOU DON’T WANT TO LEAVE HER? YOU CHOSE A GIRL OVER HER! YOU CAN’T GET HER BACK BECAUSE YOU F*CKING LEFT HER!” I can’t control my anger anymore. I punched him and he fell to the floor.

“He had to and besides, I’m not his girlfriend.” Daphne suddenly appeared beside him and talked to me.

“What are you doing here?”- Chad

“Where’s Ved?”- Me

We asked Daphne in unison.

“I’m here to make sure you go home.” He answered Chad. “And Ved’s home already, Lorence. She told me she wants to go home.”

That made me relax a little bit. She's a traitor but I know she won't leave Ved like that. I know I can trust her,

“It’s time for us to talk Lorence.” Daphne continued.

“No.” Chad  interrupted.

“Go home now or else I’m going to tell Ved everything.” She blackmailed Chad. What everything?

“Fine. Just do that fast.” He walked out of the bar but before that he added, “Don’t tell him.” Don’t tell me what?

“What is he talking about?” I asked Daphne already.

“You’ll know soon. I mean, probably.” She answered me.

I think it has something to do with Ved and I want to know it.

“Do you love Ved?” She asked me.

“Huh? I‘m her boyfriend remember?”

“Oh! Quit the act. I know the truth.”

“How?”

“Ved’s my bestfriend. I know when she lies.”

“Exactly. Best friend. Why do you need to steal her boyfriend?” I asked.  I can’t take it anymore. She’s somewhat irritating too. A traitor best friend.

“I didn’t and I already told you that I’m not Chad’s girl. We’re best friends. The three of us actually.”

“You like him?” I’m really confused now.

“No. I mean, I used to. I have a boyfriend now in U.S.” then she handed me her phone and I saw her pictures with a guy.

 “So let’s go back to my question, do you love Ved?” she continued when I gave her phone back.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean?”

“I worry about her. I want to protect her. I always think of her. My heart is going mad every time she’s near. I always want to take care of her. I want to be with her all the time and the thought of Chad getting her back sucks.”

“Then it’s positive.” Daphne said.

Do I really love Vedette? I really don’t know.