Chapter 17 (Why does my heart beats like this?)

“Vedette…”

I looked up to the person who called my name, its Lora if I’m not mistaken.

“What happened to you?” she asked me but I can’t talk.

“Sh*t! Get up now.” For the first time I heard Dr. Mike cuss and I think he just went right out of their car. I did what he said but I feel my chest tightens and everything is turning black.

-after an hour-

I woke up in my bed. Then suddenly the faces of the twins are what I saw. “What happened?”

“You passed out.” Lora said

“What happened to you huh?” Lara asked.

“I’ll tell you when I get stronger, Lara.”

“No way! I want to know also. You owe me an explanation, ate” Lora interrupted.

I was shocked of Lora’s attitude towards me. She just called me ate but then I remembered the reason why I ended up like this. *sigh* Maybe she feels sympathy for me.

“Where have you been?!” Dr. Mike said. We can hear him from this room because he is basically screaming his lungs off.

“I’m out on a party dad.” Oh. He’s talking to Lorence. The three of us are now eavesdropping to their conversation.

“Party?! You are grounded, young man! I’m very disappointed in you.”

“What? It’s not yet midnight. It’s still early for a person who came from a party. Come on dad. You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“WE SAW VEDETTE LYING ON THE STREET CRYING WHILE THE RAIN IS SO HEAVY THEN SHE PASSED OUT! YOU COULD HAVE INFORMED US IF YOU ARE GOING TO A STUPID PARTY!”

“Oh no. It’s my fault, not Lorence’s. I should probably talk to your dad.” I said to the twins after what I just heard. It’s not right to put the blame on Lorence.

“You can’t do anything about dad. When he said it, there’s nothing you can actually do especially when he’s really mad.”

“I agree with Lara. And you’re not allowed to get up. You have to rest.” Lora said.

I was about to protest when Lorence appeared out of nowhere and hugged me. “Are you ok now? I’m sorry. I’ll never do that again.” He said that without breaking his hug. I’m really shocked of what happened and I know everyone is also. I didn’t know what to do or say or ugh!*dug dug* Why does my heart beats like this? *dug dug* Why does it feels good that he is worrying? What is this? Is he really worrying for me?

“We are not yet done talking, Lore----------------------” Dr. Mike entered the room and obviously he’s in shock also that’s why his sentence remained unfinished. He’s with Aunt Krizza. But it seems like Lorence is not aware of things. It’s getting really awkward here. I can also feel my heart. Am I having a heart attack or something?

“EHEM!” Dr. Mike, Aunt Krizza, Lora and Lara all said together.

“Uhmmmmmmmm……. I’ll just go change in my room.” then he ran, leaving me and his family. They were all laughing while I still can’t get over his hug and the tone of his worrying voice. Plus my heart still beats madly. What is happening to me? My heart never beats like this after Chad left me but why now? Is it because of his reason or because of Lorence? Why?