Chapter 16 (Bittersweet day for me :|)

“Looks like you’re in a very bad mood. By the way, I’m Ayumi. Ayumi Misaki, your groupmate. Just call me Ayu.”

“I bet you saw what happened earlier and oh! I’m Vedette Abella. Ved for short.”

“Yeah. Hajimemashite!”

“Huh?”

“I mean, nice to meet you. I’m pure Japanese so sorry, I’m still not use here in the Philippines.”

“That’s ok. I can relate to you. I just moved here.”

“Cool. I just moved here too.”

We only talked and I found out that we are almost the same. She’s just like me except of how we dress. She’s very pretty. She has long black hair, cute eyes and I notice that she loves to wear color black but has a very good fashion sense.  We also decided that we’ll make the research paper at her house.

“Uhmmm, Ayu?”

“Yes?”

“Tell Chad about our plan then I’m in charge of the monkey.”

“Sure” she said giggling.

“Tell me what?” Chad suddenly said. I didn’t notice he was there already. I felt my whole body tensed.

“Project making at my house, right after school on Friday.”

“Psh. Destiny again.”

“Who’s destiny?” What? Can you blame me? He’s been talking and talking about Destiny. What if that destiny is a person?

“Why do you care?”

“Who says I care?”

He just ignored me. As if I care. I was busy hating Chad when Lorence entered the room.

“LORENCE! LORENCE!”

“What? Miss me already?”

“Yieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” Everyone is now teasing us and the great Lorence is busy laughing again. So great.

“Project making at Ayumi’s house on Friday, right after school, ambitious creature! One more thing, I will never miss you.”

“Eat your words, princess.”

“Never going to happen.” I said and smirked at him.

That wraps up my day, how I wish. I want this to be over but then the rain poured so hard. I don’t have an umbrella or something. Lorence went to a party, how am I supposed to get home without being soaked? There’s no one else either. Everyone went off to that party. You can say that it’s late already because after class, I also went to the library. I guess I’ll just wait for this rain to stop.

“The rain’s really heavy.”

“Don’t state the obvious.” I grumpily said to Chad. I know it’s him even if I don’t look at him. But why is he still here?

“Still the same old you, huh?” he said interrupting my thoughts

“What is it to you?”

“Uhmmm………… So you’re going to wait until it stops?” Chad stuttered. He’s clearly avoiding the topic.

“Yeah.”

“Then let’s wait together. I don’t have an umbrella just like you.”

“No. You can’t act like nothing happened unless you tell me why.”

“I already told you that you don’t want to know that. Forget it Ved!”

“Damn it! WHY CHAD?”

“I……… I’m……….”

“You’re what? Tell me! I’m begging you.”

“I fell for someone else.”

By that, I didn’t know what to feel. I just ran as far as I could to get away from him. I am soaked by the rain and my tears, I don’t care. He left me for someone else. The reason I’ve wanted to know for more than a year is finally said to me but why am I regretting it? He effin fell for someone else! I kept on running and running until my foot slipped. I fell down and my face hit the ground. All I did is cry and cry, I never think of getting up. I love him so much. So much more than my life. I gave him everything. I trusted him. And he just fell for someone else. How ironic life is. I keep on fighting for it but I keep on getting hurt. In fact, physical scars are better just like what’s on my face now compared to what he did to my heart. I don’t think my weak heart can even handle breaking into pieces. He fell for someone else. He fell out of love for me. It sucks but I can’t do anything.

“Vedette…”