Chapter 10 (I'm living with him :o)

Parents can be really over protective, can’t they? What do you think? Actually, it is a big YES. I am literally living at the house next to the one of the Andersons. And now Dr. Mike is explaining something to me and Lorence.

“Actually we also own this house, Ved. I want you to stay here because our house is a total riot. There is my wife, my daughters and my mother in law. Plus my wife’s sister is a single mom. So that makes 2 more people living there”

“And?” that was all I managed to say.

“There’s no more room for you and Lorence. So since no one’s renting this, you guys should stay here.”

“No way!” Lorence protested

“You need to. You have to look after her.”

“Then why won’t you?” Lorence debated.

“I’m looking after her too. It’s just that I need a lot of catching up to do with your mom and sisters. You know it’s been 2 years since we went here and left them. And besides, a guy should be in the two houses. So I will be there and you here. You know it can be dangerous.”

“Tss” Lorence said

“I’ll raise your allowance”

“Fine dad” Lorence said smiling. What an ass. He gave up easily for money. Ugh! Well, I will fight for this.

“Excuse me. I don’t want to stay with him.” I interrupted

It’s your parents’ order. You don’t want to go back to U.S. and basically live in the hospital, do you?”

“Wait. What? Parents’ order?”

“Yup. That’s what we were talking about all this time. So now what? Here or American hospital room?” Oh great! My parents are so great. Better give them a round of applause. UGH!

“Fine. I’ll stay.”

So do you now get how overly protective my parents are? And even my doctor. I just can’t believe that Lorence easily gave up because of higher allowance.

“Good. I’ll leave you two now. After unpacking your things, go to the other house and we’ll eat together”- Dr. Mike Anderson

Then I just heard the door being closed and now I yelled at Lorence

“You…………you…”

“What’s with me?”

“You are a money monster!!!!”

“Huh? Money monster? Really? Is that even in the dictionary and what’s bad with my dad’s offer?” he messed with my hair and went upstairs while laughing everything he has.

“My room is in the right one. Yours is the one in front of mine” he shouted

“Why? I mean, is there any other room?” I shouted back

“It’s hard to check on you when you’re far.”

“You’re getting paid, NO NEED TO COMPLAIN.” I really shouted the last part.

“Whatever! Don’t move a muscle. I’ll be right back.”

And before I knew it, he’s storming off the stairs and he’s starting to grab my bags. I didn’t have the chance to protest and he already carried it.

“I told you not to worry about me.”

“Who told you that? I’m just being kind like I always am” he said smirking. What a boastful monkey but I know he is. Fudge heart of mine but I pretended not to notice. I will let this one slipped. I can’t afford him worrying so much more. *dug dug* What's that?

After that, we went on to our different rooms and unpacked our stuffs. He just finished earlier than me.

“Let’s go now.” He impatiently said.

“Wait. Hold on a sec” I combed my hair and put some powder on. I’m not really a girly type of a girl. You know what I’m talking about? I’m not really used to doing this but I’m just nervous of what the people in the other house will think of me knowing that they are all girls.

“You know it’s obvious that you’re not girly. It doesn’t suit you. In fact, you still have some powder on your forehead.” Lorence teased me and laughed.

“I guess I’m just nervous. They are all girls! How am I supposed to act?”

You better be.” This Lorence guy isn’t helping. He is indeed a bad monkey.

Help me, Lord. Please. I hope they won’t kick me out of their houses.