Chapter 26 (The truth)

Today is my check up. I just went on my own, Lorence is finishing some plates (Architecture thing) I don’t want to disturb him and Dr. Mike is here. There’s nothing to worry about. I am patiently waiting for my turn when I saw Chad wearing a hospital gown going to I think is his room. He’s with Daphne. What is going on? Why is he sick? I’ll try to talk to him later. So that’s what I did, I took my check up and Dr. Mike said that the results came out good. I should just continue not stressing myself and taking up my medicines. And besides, he told me that I should tell him if Lorence is stressing me out and he’s going to kick him out of his house. Great huh? It’s nice that we’re very legal to both of our families and things been going on between me and my boyfriend. I still can’t believe sometimes, it is like I’m dreaming.Here I go again, thinking of him. Focus first Ved. I went to Chad’s room and it is slightly open. I can see that they look very serious, I probably shouldn’t interrupt now. As I was about to turn back…

“We should tell Ved.” Daphne said seriously. I never heard her talk like that before. And what does she mean?

“Tell her what? That I am f*cking sick that’s why I left her? Come on D. We talked about this already.”

“I know! But she’s all you need right now. If she’s with you, maybe some miracle will happen. You will feel better! You will still hold on to your life! I know you.”

“Daphne, accept it already. I have a brain tumor. There’s no need to push things. Stop.”

“No… I can’t accept that we are losing you. Please fight Chad” Then Daphne cried so hard.

“Stop.”

“Fight Chad” I can’t take it anymore. I entered his room. Sobbing so hard and saying that. “I said fight!” I keep on chanting that while punching his chest. “Why? Why didn’t you tell me?” He just hugged me, while I keep on crying and punching him.

“I had to. You’re physically weak and so am I. I don’t want to give you additional burden. I also had to stop looking for my dad and go home. I can’t afford anything there. I need to be strong so that I can go back to you. That’s why I tried to continue my life. I studied. I did everything as long as I can. But now, the tumor became cancerous. It’s hopeless Ved.”

“Fight! You jerk! Fight!” I said it again while punching him. This is too much. It is not easy to accept.

“Shh… Don’t worry, now that you said it. I will.”