Our Love, His Favor

SATURDAY MORNING...

We were having breakfast, or may I say brunch as it was 11:45 already at our backyard with Julie. Sun was shining brightly but there was still that traditional breeze of London in the air.

"I'll go mad! I can't finish this week's thesis!" Julie complained as she continued writing and deleting things on her iPad. "What's the topic?" I asked getting closer to her so I could see the screen.

"Argument-Persuasive essay about 'The lost art of letter-writing deserves to be revived.' I have no ideas even though it's an easy topic!" Julie complained again. "You chose to be an author just keep up. It'll end sooner or later." I stated and that moment my phone buzzed. It was a message from Chris.

"Good morning :) Tonight is still on, right?"

After thinking for a few seconds I remembered he wanted to take me out. And he was asking again because of that argument.

"Sure :) Pick me up at 8 :)"

I texted back and left my phone on the table again. "You know maybe you can start with a question like...'When was the last time you wrote a letter?' and then continue saying 'its been long hasn't it' or something like that." I suggested and Julie started writing immediately.

"That's something! Thanks!" she said smiling and started writing fast. This is what I really like about Julie. First she complains but when she finds a place to start hse never lets that thing go. Taking our empty cups I went inside (backyard's entrance is from kitchen) to refill them and turn on the radio for some music.

"What should we do today? You know except for tasks and studying." Julie asked. Yawning (yes it's 11:50 but go and study at med school yourself! Then you'll see what's like to sleep but still be tired!") I shrugged and started thinking.

"I need at least 2 hours to finish my tasks and I guess its the same for you but after that maybe we can go for a walk at the park? And grab some doughnuts and ice-cream?" Julie suggested and it seemed like a pretty good idea.

"Sure. I'll go and grab my books. I want to study here." I stated and went upstairs for my books. Even though we never have so much tasks to do, you still have to revise the last things you learnt at your lectures or you'll just simply fail!

When I got back downstairs I saw Julie tidied up the breakfast table mess and just left our coffee cups with a plate full of chocolate chip cookies. We studied there for a few hours until we both were tired and bored.Julie finished her essay too and it was perfect like always.

"My eyes hurt!" Julie moaned and shut down her iPad. "My brain is fried!" I moaned and threw my book on the table. "Let's go out or I'll faint of boredom!" Julie said so we went upstairs and got dressed.

In 15 minutes we were walking on our street. There are really good shops around here for food and for outfit. First we walked to a park nearby to have a walk through the trees. We come here a few times a week for oxygen and sun.

As we were walking a ice-cream van stopped by the park. Exchanging looks with Julie we ran to the van with other little kids. With our ice-creams in our hands and our childish joy we walked to the doughnut shop.

I love spending time with Julie. I've know her for...God knows how long I even don't remember but it's impossible to get fed up with her. "Hey Joey!" we greeted the salesman at the shop. As we come here quite often he knows us and actually he's our friend. "Hi girls. What can I get for you?" he asked with his smile.

"A dozen of chocolate sauced and a dozen of strawberry jam filled, please." Julie gave our classic order. We buy doughnuts once or twice every month and we buy a lot so we don't have to come here at the middle of the night craving for doughnuts.