Intruder

I half opened my eyes to check the clock. It was 10 a.m. already. This is what I love about weekends: I can sleep like a koala for hours! Yawning like a bear I sat up and saw Julie wasn't her bed. As I was trying to reach for my phone I fell down, on the floor, on my butt! I had two messages: one from weather forecast (today it's rainy...Yeay! ) and one from Chris. "wakie-wake :) still asleep?" I decided to answer that message later cause my stomach growled wildly.

Julie was in the kitchen making some coffee and toast. "Finally sleeping beauty!" he teased smiling. "Morning to you too." I replied and went by the counter to take out two coffee cups. The smell of fresh coffee was everywhere in the kitchen.

"So...I guess you two had a fun night?" Julie said while putting the toasts on plates. "Nah...Nothing much. He played me guitar, apologized and we kissed for a while." Her eyebrow went up and she nodded her head "I sometimes really don't get you. You're dating the hottest boy in that campus, it's been 6 months and you just make out with him. Any other girl would jump in his bed..."

"Julie!!!" I shouted interrupting her line. I could feel my cheeks getting pink. "Alright, I zipped my mouth." she replied and mumbled something else under her breath that I couldn't understand. I know that there are tons of girls who would die to sleep with Chris but just...I'm not that type of girl. You know the first time is different, it's important and it has to be with the special person you'll marry.

"Hey! Really don't want to interrupt your fantasies but..." I shot her an annoyed face and she giggled. "...anyway, what are you gonna do today?" she asked. I shrugged and took another bite of my toast. "Study I guess. I have tons of tasks to hand out this week. You?"

She took a moment to think and said "There's a conference by the afternoon. I'll probably join that. " She looked at me biting her downer lip "Umm...there's a seminar-kind-of-thing in a week in Los Angeles. For young successful writers. They chose me too." I opened my eyes widely and coughed to stop myself drowning because of the coffee. "What!? Why on earth you didn't tell me? It's great!" "I don't know...guess I didn't have time."

"This is AMAZING!!! We should celebrate it!" I shouted and went beside her to give her a hug.

***

It was decided that we would go to a bar that was on Oxford Street called "Cozy". We always go there whenever we want to drink something cause it's a silent place unlike other bars. No crazy rock groups playing all night or drunk jerks wandering around. There's always smooth live music and the atmosphere with all those orangish lights is pretty nice too.

I wore a pair of jeans, a tank top and a zip-up hoodie as Julie went for mini black dress. As we were about the leave the house my cell phone started ringing, it was Chris. Julie gave a me a questioning look and I said "It's Chris! He'll invite me to dinner I guess." "Tell him to join us?" So I did and we got on Julie's car.

***

We chose a table that was near the stage, Chris wasn't around yet and actually I really didn't care much. I loved being alone with Julie, girl to girl. "Good evening ladies." said Brandon, one of the bartenders. You see, as Chris used to play guitar and sing here sometimes many people know us. "Hello Brandon!" we chorused with Julie and he smiled slightly.

"So...What can I get for you?" he asked. We ordered a bottle of red wine with a luxurious cheese plate that's was full of cheeses all around the world. Soon Brandon came back with our orders and as he was pouring our wines Chris arrived.

He was wearing a black shirt with stretch jeans and he was looking extremely hot! Nearly half of the girls in the bar were watching him. He was carrying two red roses: one for me and one for Julie.

Giving me a quick peck on the lips he hugged Julie and said "Congrats Jul." Julie smiled and replied "Thanks." He sat down after handing us the roses and ordered whiskey for himself.

***

"I wanna raise my glass to Julie tonight. For being chosen for that seminar." I said holding my wine up. Chris and Julie smiled and tossed their glasses with me. It was already eleven and our wine was almost done. Chris had drank nearly the half of the whiskey bottle on his own and you know...he wasn't drunk at all. His voice had become a bit slower but still he was looking as though he was all sober.

While we continued talking I saw someone standing by the bar ordering a drink. As he turned around I saw who he was...Daniel. At first I felt really happy but then I realized who was here with me...Chris. Daniel and Chris: bad combination!

He must have seen me too cause he started walking towards us with a cup of whiskey in his hand. "Good evening Emily." he said with a warm smile on his face. Chris coughed uncomfortably so Daniel turned towards him and said "Good evening to you too Chris. And you are...?" he said when he realized Julie.

"Umm...I'm Julie, Emily's housemate." Daniel smiled and stretching out his hand said "Pleasure to meet you." Julie replied the same and afterwards I invited Daniel to our table. So the nightmare began...

***

First half hour wasn't so bad cause we talked about Julie's seminar, random things about university and other staff. After a while strange silences started interrupting our conversations. And believe me the worst part was sitting right between Daniel and Chris.

They were gazing each other randomly. Chris would always keep his arm around me or his hand in mine just to bug Daniel. It was like sitting at the some table with fire and powder. An explosion wouldn't surprise me.

Just as I was thinking these someone saved my life...or I thought so. Brandon came and asked Chris to play some guitar and sing. He couldn't refuse it and made his was to the stage.

Chris was looking like a male top model on the stage. He was damn perfect and he was mine. For now I guess. Taking the black guitar on his lap he started playing a gorgeous melody. His green eyes were sparkling under the orangish lights and he was looking directly at me.

Before he started singing with that angelic voice he said "I'm singing this song for the one and only owner of my heart." It was sure a romantic line that almost made me come to tears but the most hitting part was "one and only". It was the beginning of the last letter I wrote to Daniel Dawson.

A soft melody started coming from his guitar and he began singing. It was a song that I knew and loved. I was so touched because he was singing this meaningful song for me. I was hypnotized by Chris and in the meantime I could feel Daniel's eyes on me.

I was so touched that tears of happiness started flowing down my cheeks as Chris sang the most touching part looking directly in my eyes.

"She is everything to me

The unrequited dream

A song that no one sings

The unattainable

She's a myth that I have to believe in

All I need to make it real is one more reason

I don't know what to do when she makes me sad"

There was another truth: I wasn't only crying for being touched, I was crying because I was really in confused thoughts. Doing what I always do I decided to go and hide in Chris' arms. Running to the stage I hugged him tightly and put my head on his shoulder. Whistles and claps came from everywhere.

Nothing much really happened that night besides Chris and Daniel's little argument about who would pay the bill. The whole week passed in blur. Helping Julie to pack, spending time with Chris and trying to spend time with Daniel...

***

the song that Chris sings is Slipknot-Vermillion part 2

Listen, i'm sure you'll like it :)

What do you think about the chapter?

Team Daniel? Team Chris?

Let me know

xx

Amortentia :)