Smiles & Truths

EMILY'S POV:

All of a sudden Daniel wrapped his other arm under my knees and picked me up bride styled. I screamed a little and wrapped my arms firmly around his neck. He ran to the kitchen and finally put me down there.

"Chocolate cures everything so think what can chocolate cookies do..." he said as he put an apron on me and tied it around my waist. "But Dan, you mean right now...??". He nodded quickly and said "All ingredients are in the cupboards I'm waiting for you orders Chef!"

***

"Dan! Stop eating that raw dough!" I said chuckling to him. "Why? Here you have some too..." he suddenly rubbed some dough on my nose. I gasped in shock and looked at him in disbelief. "Umm...is it too soft? Maybe we should add some flour!!!" he said cocking his head to a side and spilled flour on my face.

So that's how our flour-cocoa fight began. We were both giggling, blowing each other flour and cocoa powder. I tried to run away after blowing a huge amount of flour on his face but he grabbed me from behind, right around my waist. "Dan!!! Let me go! That tickles..." I gasped and laughed madly.

Many seconds flew by and finally I laid my head on his shoulder that was right behind me. I breathed trying to stop laughing. He was so, so close that I could see all the tons of brown in his eyes. And I must say those eyes melted me completely. After a while I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. His skin was so soft and so warm. "Thank you Dan."

DANIEL'S POV:

Something inside my heart came back to life. Her lips on my cheek reminded me of the old times when we were at eighth grade with Emily. I still don't know if it's her. But I know that I love her. I'm really happy to see her a bit happier too.

Time stood still as we were hugging in the kitchen. It was already midnight but I wasn't sleepy at all. Her hug was like a drug for me. Numbing all of my senses. I slowly paced back and forth and she chuckled quietly.

EMILY'S POV:

After minutes of hugging I finally took up my head and looked directly at those chocolate eyes. His face was covered with flour and cocoa but that took nothing away from his sweetness. "I think I must clean my face." I said giggling. He nodded his head agreeing with me. "Go ahead I'll put these cookies in the oven." I smiled as a response and walked out the kitchen.

Even my hair was covered with flour and cocoa. I giggled at my reflection at started cleaning my face with some water. I heard that Daniel walked in and laughed at himself. I was really craving for a hot shower given the fact my hair was a mess now but I was a bit shy to ask. I mean this is the first time I came to this house. "Umm...Daniel do you mind if I take a quick shower?" I asked biting my lip. "Nah...Of course take your time. I-I will try to find some clothes for you."

I thanked and waited until he finished clearing up himself. "I'll leave them on my bed. When you get out, second door on the left is my room. I'll be in the kitchen." I nodded and took of my clothes just as he left.

***

Stepping out the shower I wrapped a towel around me tightly and taking my clothes left the bathroom. Steam rushed out the bathroom with me as well. On my tiptoes I slowly walked and opened the door to Daniel's room. And as soon as I opened the door I faced with Daniel who was sitting there with shorts and an unbuttoned shirt. When he saw me his face flushed and he mumbled "Oh shit!"

"Oh god! Sorry I should have knocked." I said blushing. He got up on his feet, started leaving the room in hurry and mumbled "I'll be in the kitchen." as he left. Taking the huge t-shirt on the bed I wore it on. It was just like a dress for me. It was reaching down my hips and covering my bum. I quickly wore my underwear I took out too and just as I was looking at myself at the mirror I realized a shiny thing's reflection.

It was in a black box on the table. With hesitation I took it and my jaw dropped. It was necklace shaped as a key. Identical to the one I gave Daniel at the graduation. I suddenly felt the necklace on my neck too. The one that this key was completing. Mine was a shape of a heart with words written "He who holds the key can unlock my heart." and it had a gap that was enough for the key to get in.

I was frozen. Couldn't move. Couldn't speak. I was at the house of DANIEL DAWSON. My Daniel Dawson. I heard a knock on the door and managed to say "Come in." Dan opened the door and spoke.

"Cookies are nearly baked if you like..." he stopped when he saw the necklace in my hand. "That...that is something that someone gave me at..." "...the graduation. I know. I gave this to you." I completed his sentence.

****

sooo what do you think? Liked it?

The necklace's photo is at the side, take a look if you wonder what it looks like :))

Comment&vote

Love you all :))

xx

Amortentia :))