New Life & Left Behind

EMILY'S POV:

I opened my eyes to the burning sunlight on my eyelids. Yawning I realized that I was all alone in the bed. Windows and curtains were drawn, letting fresh air and sunlight in the room. Checking the clock I saw it was 10:34.

There was an amazing pancake and coffee smell in the corridor. Everywhere seemed tidied up. It was like a fairy came here with her magical wand and even left some food.

On my tiptoes I went to the kitchen and shocked to the scene I saw. Daniel and Chase in the kitchen, preparing breakfast umm....for us? I smiled to the scene and went closer to Daniel. "Morning!" I said brightly to him getting between him and the counter.

"Hey beautiful..." he said and kissed my nose. "Did you two called a cleaning service or something?" I asked with a curious voice, looking around.

"No!" stated Chase. "Your boyfriend..." he said pointing Dan with the knife in his hand "...woke me up at 7 to cleanup and prepare breakfast!" he said half angry, half teasing.

"Well you two are great! I'm sure Julie will adore this too. Speaking of her...go and wake her up!" I said to Chase and took the knife from his hands. "Shoo!" I said to Chase who was still standing there and started slicing the tomatoes myself.

CHASE'S POV:

Slowly opening my bedroom's door I saw Julie sleeping peacefully. Standing there I just watched her for a while. She was sure worth for many things, worth living, worth smiling, worth breathing. I slowly walked towards her, silently.

She opened her eyes as I pressed my lips on her cheek. "Wakie-wake!" I whispered. "Morning..." she said closing her eyes because of the sunlight.

"Breakfast is nearly ready, better hurry up!" I said and left a kiss on her lips. Smiling against my lips she said "Breakfast can wait, I'm enjoying this moment..." and kissed me fully.

EMILY'S POV:

"I'm so happy that you guys are together now!" I said taking a sip of my coffee and glancing at Julie and Chase. "Me too. Julie is the only and best hope I have to fix my life..." Chase said looking at Julie as though he was looking at Aphrodite.

They're cute, I mean really really cute. Even though I still have doubts about Chase there's a voice inside of me that says everything will be fine. After the breakfast boys dropped us home so that we could have a rest.

"Wow...It's been a long day." I said as we climbed upstairs to our room with Julie. "Sure it was." she mumbled. I threw myself on my bed after changing into my pajamas. Yes, pajamas in the afternoon.

"So...tell me about yesterday. What did you do with Chase?" I asked. Cause I was really curious about what have they done. They both looked really happy and joyful when they arrived home.

"Well, I caught him right after he left the gym and offered to go to cinema. After the movie we ate ice cream at a cafe and chatted. That's all." Julie murmured as she removed her party clothes. You see, as we had nothing to where out of boy's t-shirts we came back house with our party clothes.

"That's all? Nothing else?" "Nope!" she said popping the "p" sound. "What about the niiight?" I asked giggling. She threw me a pillow and said "We just cuddled up and slept..."

"I thought Chase would sleep on the couch..." I said suspiciously. I really wondered how they ended up sleeping together."Change of plan. Stop asking." she answered burying herself in a book.

I got up to my feet and took my anatomy and cardiology books to study a bit. I hadn't been studying for a long time because of current events and its not a good thing. So, the day went on lazily just lying down and reading my class notes, textbooks.

Suddenly my cell phone beeped and when I reached for it I saw Chris' name. Opening the message I read the text "Just wanted you to know that your ring will never be around another girl's finger. Its buried under in the shade of the tree in Hyde Park that we carved our names on."

I sighed and threw my phone to a side. Why was he doing this? Why was he doing this harder for both of us? No matter how much I tried to ignore it I couldn't stop thinking about the image of Chris burying the ring.

Getting up to my feet I walked to my wardrobe and quickly found something to wear. "What's the hurry?" Julie asked looking at me from the side of her book. "I have to do something. I'll explain later." I replied and taking my car's key rushed down stairs, right outside.

15 MINUTES LATER, HYDE PARK...

Parking my car to the parking lot I entered Hyde Park and with quick steps searched the tree. I walked pass people, I walked and walked and walked. And then reached to that tree. Getting closer I searched for our names. Soon enough I found them. "Chris & Emily 4ever" Yeah, right. Forever.

Our memory of carving those there was still so fresh, like it was just yesterday. Trying to hold my emotional side back I kneeled down beside the tree and searched for a possible place that Chris might have been dug.

When I've found the area that there was no grass I sat down and started digging the dirt with my fingers. Actually even I don't have any idea why I'm here and why I'm looking for the ring. I think I didn't want to leave a memory buried in there.

Digging a few more centimeters I finally reached to a black box and took it out. When I opened it I saw a piece of paper that was folded and the ring underneath.

"Thank you for not leaving our memory buried. Keep it safe.

-Chris"

was written on the paper. He must have known I wouldn't leave it. Putting the box in my sweatshirt's pocket I walked away, to the parking lot. I think no matter what I needed to hold a piece of him with me throughout my life.

Besides he really was a part of me that I didn't want to leave behind. I felt tears tickling down my cheeks and I wiped them away quickly.

Getting in my car I decided to send a last message to Chris. "I didn't leave our memory buried. It's safe with me." Just as I was about to slide my phone to my pocket it started ringing. It was Daniel. The only person I needed that moment.

After the classic, casual conversation he said "Umm listen. I've realized that we really haven't done anything together, alone for a while. Wanna take a walk maybe?" Thinking for a while I realized that I didn't have something I'd do so I said "Of course I'd love to. Is Covent Garden OK?"

"Sure thing. Want me to pick you up?" First I thought of telling him we could meet right that moment but then I realized that I was in my home clothes, not so good for a kind of date. "No need. Let's meet there in an hour. In front of Bun Design." I answered so it was decided to meet there.

***

Chase&Daniel..is it possible not to adore them? :D

And Chris...trying to keep his memory alive.

What do you think about it?

Comment&(please) recommend :)

Love you all :)

xx

Amortentia :))