Epilogue 2: Wish

2 YEARS LATER...

"Chris can you pass me the pink pajamas?" I asked to Chris who came in right after me to Charlotte's room. "Pink pajamas...coming right away." he said and walked to the purple cabinet where we hold our baby's clothes.

As I tried to take off her t-shirt it got stuck in her hair and she let out a little annoyed scream. "Sorry babe..." I whispered and caressed her light brown, smooth hair. Her eyes -that we're exact replicas of Chris's eyes- were a bit teary because of the pain in her hair.

"Pink pajamas are here...I'll dress up my daughter tonight!" Chris said with a cheerful voice and lightly pushed me to a side with his hip. I chuckled slightly and sat on the bed-side armchair to watch them.

Chris held Charlotte -who is one year and three months old- in his arms for a few seconds playing with her hair and whispering her how much he loved her. As I continued watching them an endless happiness filled me.

Chris was so gentle, so loving, so cute as he dressed Charlotte up. He was a perfect father and at the same time a perfect husband.He had been so helpful and caring throughout my pregnancy times. He helped me with the house chores, cooked and sometimes cleaned the house without letting me move a finger.

He was the same when Charlotte was born. He spent nights awake with me when Charlotte cried a lot or was ill. He took care of her all alone and made me go to sleep some nights. Especially one night when both Charlotte and I was ill he took care of us all day and didn't even blink through that night.

He was the best type of husband a woman could ever wish for and of course the best type of father a baby can want. We were so lucky to have him.

When he was done with dressing he laid Charlotte on her bed. Getting up I walked beside him and gave our baby a goodnight kiss before turning on the bed-side lamp and turning other lights off. Chris gave her a kiss right on the cheek too.

We stood there in silence with Chris's arm around my shoulders, holding me close to his chest and just watched Charlotte. "She's lovely." I whispered. "Just like you." Chris whispered back and kissed my hair.

"Let's get out to the balcony. Stars are as shiny as your eyes tonight." Chris whispered in my ear and so we walked out together. Air was a bit chilly but the sky was beautiful. Stars were shining beside the moon.

I walked until I reached the porch railings and inhaled the cool night air. Chris came within seconds and hugged me from behind, locking his hands around my waist. I laid my head to his shoulder and just watched the sky.

"You remember the day we first actually met ?" he suddenly asked whispering. "Yes. Of course I do. Why?" I asked curiously.

"That night at home, I walked out to the garden and watched the stars, thinking of you. I stayed there until I saw a falling star. I made a wish and you came true."I smiled to his confession and just gave him a peck on his cheek turning my head.

Suddenly something sparkling madly appeared at the sky: a falling star. "Look! Quick make a wish." Christopher said with and excited voice. Without even thinking for a second I answered "No..." "Why?" he asked surprised.

"I have nothing to wish for. I have a gorgeous healthy daughter, a fantastic, caring, loving husband. A great family, a great life. Also maybe someone else needs that wishing star..." Making a sudden action Chris twirled me around so that I faced him and he kissed me passionately, holding me tightly.

His hands traveled through my hair and caressed my back.My hands found his smooth hair and just enjoyed his lips on mine. After leaving my lips he rested his head on my shoulder and left a small peck there.

By the way I got my tattoo removed after 6 painful laser sessions. And had a new tattoo made there with Chris' and Charlotte's names written. Also Chris had my and our daughter's name on his wrist too.

Even though it had been years our love and desire for each other was remaining the same. They say that marriage kills love but it isn't true for us. Years, strangers, miles, lies and goodbyes couldn't tear us apart, what could a marriage do?

Actually it did something: it bounded us to each other stronger than ever.

Of course in all those years there were times we got to the edge, nearly gave up, nearly let go, nearly fall apart.

But something always brought us together all over again, something just didn't let us be apart: Love.

And that something conquered all.

Love conquered all.

Most importantly...

...we conquered all.

-THE END-

***

There are absolutely no words that can express my feelings right now! The day I started writing this story it was just a basic one shot based on true-life events. But then something happened and I just couldn't stop writing.

Mostly because of FelixFelicis113. She never accepted my writer's blocks and she always insisted me to go on. She was my first reader and she always gave me true comments and opinions.(Check her story 'Bound Together'! Totally fantastic and deserves more and more readers!)

*

M perfect best-friend who inspired the character 'Julie'. Thanks for being the perfect role model for a fun, caring, loving BFF: FelixFelicis113

Chris and Chase aren't real people but they are the creations of my own imaginations. So who ever inspired me about them thank you.

And I wanna thank all of my readers. Thank you for reading, voting, commenting. I've never thought I would reach to this much reads. Please go on sharing this story with your friends.

I'll be back soon with a brand new story called 'Tale Of Two Cities'

Until then...

Stay loved and updated =]

Thank you for a million times.

I ADORE YOU all :))

xxx

Amortentia =)