Need A Trip

A FEW DAYS LATER...

EMILY'S POV:

"Come on Julie! I wanna go to USA one more time before my visa expires!" I said to Julie as we were walking down Hyde Park. "I don't know if I come..." she said. "I need this vacation Jul! I need time to relax and I want you with me!" I said with a sad expression.

"You can go on your own. Go, have a rest, relax..." Julie said as we sat down on the grass to rest a little. We had walked for hours until we reached that spot. "What will I do on my own?" I asked poking Julie's ribs. She squirmed a little and said "As I said you'll have a rest in silence."

I looked around and inhaled the fresh spring air. "Maybe I should..." I said looking to Julie who looked exhausted. "Yes you should! Just a week, then you'll be all better!" she said and got up to her feet.

"You'll think on our way back home. Come on let's go before it gets hotter." she said offering me a hand to get up. "Fine..." I said and started walking back to the car.

***

When we reached the home I took a cold shower and went to my laptop. Clicking on my browser I found a few airlines and started looking for dates and prices. "Anything yet?" Julie asked coming into the room after a while.

"There's this flight in a week. 80 pound per ticket. Fair enough I guess?" I asked looking through the other info on the site. Julie propped herself beside me on the bed and looked at the screen.

"Yeah, if you want to leave early you better book that ticket." she said offering me some chips from the packet in her hand. "There's a break starting next week anyway so the dean won't mind I guess." I said and clicked "BUY".

As I went on doing the purchasing stuff I talked again. "I wish I knew where Chris was." "Why?" Julie asked popping one more chips in her mouth. "I could go straight to him. He can be anywhere on this freaking huge world..."

Julie sighed and left the packet to a side. "Maybe this is better. You know...not being able to connect. Maybe it's better for both of you." she said.

"Maybe..." I mumbled and clicked the last button on the website. "Ah, done!" I said.

FEW DAYS LATER...

JULIE'S POV:

"I can come and stay with you." Chase said as he paid for the ice-creams. Handing me one of the cones he went on. "I don't want you to be alone all week! Either you come or I will." he said. Tasting my ice-cream I said "Chase you really don't need to do that. I'll be perfectly safe."

"Alright, I'm coming over." he said and kinda finished the argument. I smiled at him and shook my head. "You are impossible Chase Wilde." He chuckled slightly and pushed his glasses up.

He reached for my free hand and interlocked our fingers tightly as we walked down the street. "Here taste the lemon." he said bringing his ice-cream towards my lips. I took a bit in my mouth and made a "Mmm..." voice.

I brought my ice-cream to his lips but he pulled away. "Allergic to strawberries!" he said. I laughed at his freaked out expression and got closer to him.

"Chase..." I said after a bit more walking. "Mmm?" he mumbled. "You ever felt something for...one of those girls?" I asked meaning the girls at the bar. "No!" he snorted. "Never...You are the first and only." he continued and kissed the tip of my nose.

I smiled at him and went on eating my ice-cream. "You are kinda my first too. I've never felt this deep for anyone else." I said. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer.

***

EMILY'S POV:

Climbing up the ladder I pushed open the hatch of the rooftop. I pulled myself up and looked around for 'that' one box. After a bit of looking I found it. Taking it with me I went down.

I stabbed the scissor in my hand to the top of the box and ripped it open. The first thing that touched my hand was that smooth fabric. Chris' hoodie. His smell rushed out the box as though someone sprayed it around. With a half smile I took it out and laid it on the bed slowly. Pushing through the other stuff I finally reached for the one I had been looking for.

That little box. With my ring in it. I took it out with trembling hands and left it on the hoodie as well. Taking the box I stuffed it to my wardrobe and went back to my bed. My hand traveled on the smooth fabric of Chris' hoodie.

I took it in my hands and brought it closer to my nose. I needed to inhale it, I needed to feel him here. Even though it had been months since he left it, the hoodie still smelled just like him.

Letting it drop on my lap this time I reached for the tiny box. My hands were trembling so much that it was hard to open the box. I reached for the ring and took it out slowly. With hesitation I put it around my finger and looked at it. How I wished it could turn everything around. How I wished I could go back to that night and forgive Chris.

I heard the front door open so I quickly took out the ring, put it back in the box and put the box to the hoodie's pocket. Taking the hoodie I stuffed it in my suitcase as well. I don't know why I did that but a voice inside me told me to do it.

***

I know this is quite short but I had been dealing with so many things for the last few days. I may upload again today. Stay updated :)

Tell me what you think :)

Love you all!

xx

Amortentia :))