Let Me Go

DANIEL'S POV:

I walked downstairs, my whole body numbed. I couldn't even understand the thoughts in my head. Here, I did it again. Like I did years ago. I'm leaving...again.

Stopping right before I turned the door-knob I groaned and turned around. I literally stormed up-stairs, right into Emily's room.

"No, no ,no! I'm not doing this again. I'm not losing you again!" I said standing right in front of her. She closed her eyes and inhaled sharply before saying "You just did Daniel!" through her teeth. "No! Please! I promise, I won't go anywhere!" I said, with a pleading voice.

I almost felt like crying. "No! Your mistake wasn't accepting to go, it was that you didn't even bother to tell me. I'd of course tell you to accept it!" OK, there she's shouting again.

Julie backed away a few steps but didn't leave the room. Holding Emily from her elbows I pulled closer. "Baby, please. Let's just forget everything. I-I can't loose you, not again." I whispered.

"You remember the night of Chase's birthday? When I cried?" she asked, a bit more calmed down. I nodded trying to contact my eyes with her. "You promised you'd NEVER leave me. But it looks as though you already rolled that out when you accepted the scholarship." she went on.

"I won't go! Damn...I'll stay babe-" "Don't call me babe!" she shouted. "Emi, please. You're my life, my breath...I can't live without you." I said crouching down so I could meet her eyes that were looking down.

"Daniel, just go..." she whispered as I fell on my knees. "No, I'm not going anywhere. I'm on my knees for God's Sake! Don't do this to me!" I half shouted.

"Daniel I can't do it anymore. Don't you get it? Let's say I forgave you, what will happen when we graduate? You'll start looking for a job and probably find one abroad cause there is more money there. It's just who you are..." she said.

"I won't. I swear! We can get over this, it's just a bump in the road!" I said, still on my knees. "Get up..." she whispered. With hesitation I rose and looked at her eyes. "You WILL go to Arizona, you WILL love it there and you WILL be successful. And for us...I'm sorry Daniel." she whispered.

Her voice shook when she apologized. I couldn't speak, couldn't even move. "Can't live this way, I'm sorry." she whispered again. I pulled her in my embrace and pressed my lips to hers firmly.

At first she neither pulled away nor moved her lips but then she tilted her head and broke the kiss."Stop it..." she whispered trying to escape from my arms. I held her even firmer around her waist, pressing her against myself.

She stopped and leaned over to my ear. "Let me go." she whispered, voice shaky. My arms -somehow- loosened their grip around her and my hands moved to her hips, holding her for a little longer. Putting her hands on mine she pulled them away and backed off.

I just looked at her, tears in my eyes, begging to be let out. She moved her hand to her neck and pulled the necklace firmly. Reaching for my hand again she left it to my palm and made me hold the necklace, curling my hand into a fist.

Julie, who had been watching this thoroughly was now leaned against the wall, looking at us with an expression I couldn't read. I turned my gaze back to Emily and looked at her eyes, deeply.

She took a little step forward and left a peck on my cheek. "Just leave." she said, calmly. "But Emily-" I started but this time she shouted "GO!"

And this time, I really left.

***

I know, I know this a really short chapter but I'll try to update again tomorrow :) sorry that I keep you waiting :)

Tell me what you think :))

Love you all,

xx

Amortentia :))