Tale Of Two Cities

JULIE'S POV:

I stood there, leaned against the wall. Emily was looking at the floor blankly as Daniel left. Even though I had seen everything right before my eyes I couldn't believe this.

Reaching for my phone on the table I texted Chase. "keep an eye on Dan, he'll come back as a wreck. xx" Leaving my phone back on the table I walked towards Emily and pulled her into a hug as I always did.

She didn't move for a while but then wrapped her arms around me lightly. "It'll be alright..." I whispered and this time I somehow knew it was going to be really alright. The only doubt in my head was Chase...

I was afraid that he'd dump me after this fight. After years Emily could somehow read my thoughts I guess cause she said "Relax. Nothing will go wrong with Chase. I promise." I smiled to myself and hugged her tighter.

***

"What will happen now?" I asked as we sat on the grass at our back yard. Emily shook her head and looked up at the dark sky. "I don't know." she whispered giving me a desperate look.

"Look at the situation...My ex boyfriend left the town cause he couldn't bare seeing me with my new boyfriend and my new boyfriend is leaving the town for..fame and money..." she mumbled again when I didn't speak.

"This is mad. Almost un-real. If we told this to anyone they'd think this is a pathetic joke." I said rolling my eyes and letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"World is mad itself and mine is even madder." she answered with a laugh identical with mine. "Hey Jul...We had a bottle of vodka, right?" she asked with a funny expression.

I said "I...guess." with a questioning look. She wiggled her eyebrows and smiled wickedly.

***

I laughed madly as I swallowed down the eighth (or ninth...I lost count) vodka shot Emily poured. "You are mad!" I said looking at my friend who looked pretty dizzy. She was laughing too as she filled our new shots.

We were sitting on the counter (don't ask me why I don't know) with a vodka bottle and two shot glasses between us. I have no idea what time was it but I was having quite fun.

"Ready?" Emily asked leaving the bottle and reaching for her glass. "Ready!" I said and swallowed down the vodka. We wrinkled our noses and laughed again. We both didn't know what we were laughing at, but...WHO THE HELL CARES?

I took the bottle and poured new shots with unsteady hands. "Wait,wait! We have food-coloring right!?" she asked with a childish excitement crossing over her face. She jumped down the counter, steadied herself on her feet and opened the drawer.

She pulled out liquid food-colorings and dropped purple to the both glasses. "Now it looks hot!" she said and made me laugh even harder. "1-2-3!" I said and we gulped down the purple liquid.

"Pick your color giiiirl..." she said and came back on the counter.

MEANWHILE...

CHASE'S POV:

"Man, quit it! You've been drinking for hours! You finished all my drink stock!" I shouted taking the almost empty whiskey bottle from Daniel's hand. "You drink this much too!" he pouted.

"I USED TO drink! And you're not me Dan!" I shouted again. "Shut it man!" he said and stood up to take the bottle from me. "No, no, no! Take this, drink it!" I said giving him a glass of water.

He gulped down the water within a few seconds and...passed out on the couch. Ha! Knew the sleeping pill would would work.

Taking his covers from his room I put them on him and tidied up the room a bit swearing with my inner voice. When all the bottles and glasses were at kitchen I took a shower and landed on my bed.