Save Me Tonight

I'm updating just for you Eylull :))

Love you honey <3

Enjoy ;-)

***

I was still crying madly and I was sure that I just woke him up.

-Emily? What's wrong?

He sounded pretty confused and concerned. I tried to catch my breath and speak without stammering.

-C-can you come and take me? Please...

-Hey hey...Calm down. Where are you?

I looked around trying to recognize the place I was in. Everything seemed so mixed up and impossible to understand.

-I'm at Brooke's Lane. Just opposite the Mimi's Cafe. Y-you know here?

-Yeah. Stay wherever you are I'm coming.

DANIEL'S POV:

World was crashing down. Her shaky, crying voice was echoing inside my head as I was trying to wear my trousers. She sounded so afraid, so hurt that I just wanted to sit and cry instead of her. I stormed out my room and taking my car's keys went out, without even locking the door.

The road seemed to get longer and longer as I drove. Even at one point I thought that I'd never able to reach her. My hands were shaking and I wasn't seeing the road so clear. I even nearly crashed into a van. After a while I realized that I was holding the steering wheel so firm that my hands were all white.

Slowing down when I entered Brooke's Lane I saw her sitting on a bench all alone and crying. I quickly stopped the car by the pavement and reached beside her without bothering to close my door.

"God! Emily..." was the only thing I could say. Her shoulders were shaking and her face was buried in her palms. I sat beside her and let her know that I was there.

Weather was freezing cold and she only had a thin hoodie on. So even though I had short sleeves I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her warmly, pulling her to my chest.

EMILY'S POV:

Everything seemed to slow down when he hugged me. It felt so safe, so warm in his arms. I could stay there without moving an inch away. I could hear the loud beats of his heart. It was so fast. His arms around me were so tight. Everything felt so right.

DANIEL'S POV:

With her in my arms everything seemed so right. But also, given the fact that she was crying it was a hurtful experience. I just held her as tight as I could. It was just horrible seeing her like this. All I wanted to do was to go and kill whoever made her cry.

"Emy, Emily...P-please try to calm down a bit." I finally said after a few more minutes. I couldn't bear seeing her cry for any longer. She didn't say anything but wrapped her arms around my neck, resting her head on my shoulder. I

could feel tears from her eyes touching my skin. "T-thank y-y-you for co-coming." she whispered stammering. "It doesn't matter. But please, let's get in the car. You'll freeze." I pleaded and she nodded. I took her bag and with my arm around her shoulders leaded her towards my car.

EMILY'S POV:

I was a bit more calmed down after sitting in his car for a while. At least I wasn't sobbing out-loud anymore. The way Daniel hugged me, the way he sat without even moving in that freezing cold just for me was just so cute.

He slowly put his hand below my chin and took my head high. Catching the tear that escaped from my eye he caressed my cheek. "I really don't want to ask but...what happened?" he asked with such a cute and low voice. I couldn't find the right words to explain the situation. It was just so ridiculous, so heartbreaking and nonsense.

"It's Chris. W-we broke u-up. Cause he wanted to...and I didn't want..." The sentence I said didn't even seemed meaningful to me. And just after it I started crying again. But you know what? Daniel understood me!

"He-he wanted sleep with you?" I just nodded without making any noise. Daniel swore under his breath, I could only understand "son of a bitch". He seemed so angry. He shut his eyes firmly and breathed heavily.

***

"Where are we?" I asked with a shivering voice when the engine stopped. The street didn't seem familiar neither did the houses. "Umm...my house. I didn't want to invite myself to your house." Well honestly the thought of being in his house was a bit weird but still I really needed someone to be with me.

And most probably our house would just call back my memories with Chris. But still I had doubts. "What about your housemate?" I asked with my cranked voice because of crying that much. "Chase? Oh please! It's Saturday night. He's probably making out with a girl at the bar." That made me smile a little and he realized it.

Opening my door he helped me to get on my feet and we walked towards the building. It was a nice place on a street that was not too busy. Doorman opened the door for us and we walked in. My knees were weak underneath me so I tripped (there was nothing to trip over!) a few times until we got to the elevator.

Well I must say this place is pretty beautiful. Not as beautiful as our house with Julie but it was really classy. Marble floors, mirror covered walls, vases full of flowers were everywhere in the apartment. We got to the 6th floor and walked to the door at the end of the corridor.

"Here we are. Feel yourself at home." Daniel said as he opened the door. Inside was as classy as the apartment too. Honestly Chris' house was the best house I've seen that a boy lived...until now. Even though my mood I must say the beauty enchanted me.

Black and green were the main colors in the room. It was a really tidy house given the fact that this was a house where two single boys lived. "Do you mind if I use the bathroom first?" I asked slowly. "Sure. Last door at the end of the corridor." he responded looking at me deeply and cutely.

Bathroom was covered with caramel colored marbles and there was a fresh scent of flowers with some aftershave smell. Splashing cold water on my face several times I felt a bit more calmed and fresh.

When I got out of the bathroom Daniel was coming out of the kitchen with a steaming cup in his hand. "Here, take a seat." he called me so I went to the living room and sat down on one of the comfort couches with Daniel right beside me.

Handing me the steaming cup he whispered "Camomile tea. Drink some it always relaxes nerves." "Thanks." I said and took the cup out of his hands. Steam washed my face as the cup warmed my hands.

After 10 minutes of silence he stood up and walked to the white piano that was completing the decoration of the room. To my surprise he started playing the lullaby "Hush little baby don't you cry". The soft melody made me smile and then Daniel started singing.

"Hush little baby don't say a word, papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird..." he continued singing with his sweet soft voice. He was really acting like he was singing to a little baby. He finished the song looking at me

"And if that horse and cart fall down, well you'll still be the sweetest little babe in town." Last line was the sweetest line of all and I really smiled this time. "I made you smileee!" he squeaked and came beside me. Yes, I was still completely broken inside but Daniel's lullaby really warmed my heart.

Smiling weakly at him I put my cup on the coffee table and leaned back to the couch. Daniel did the same too and made me bounce a little. "Come on! I can't bear seeing you like this. You DESERVE to be happy..." Daniel said wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

Snuggling up to him I put my head on his shoulder and speaking lowly "It hurts Daniel. To see someone you trust turn into something that he said he would never be. And the reason we broke up really hurts me." I wasn't crying anymore cause I think I had no tears left.

DANIEL'S POV:

Emily's sentence nearly brought me to tears. Her weak smile, low voice was crashing my heart, my whole world down. I needed to make her smile, I needed to make her happy.

***

Isn't Daniel so sweet? Hehe love him totally :D what do you think he'll do to make her happy?

Comment & vote :))

Love you all :))

xx

Amortentia :)