Another Life

EMILY'S POV:

When I got home Jul was sketching a beautiful sunset over the ocean. I told her where I had gone and showed showed her the ring with the note. I had to do one thing before I left the house to meet Dan. Opening the hatch to the rooftop I climbed up the ladder and started looking for a box.

After a few minutes of search I found a plastic, empty box so taking it with me I went to the bedroom again. Julie understood what I was up to so she said "I better leave you alone a while. You know...for you to say goodbye." and left the room with her sketch notebook.

I opened the box and took a deep breath before I turned around to get rid of things about Chris. First I took the pictures down on the wall and on the desk. I took out our photos, notes, letters from the drawers and cupboards. I could just throw them away but my heart wouldn't let me do it.

Then I started searching for all kinds of presents Chris bought me: clothes, bags, accessories...Stuffing everything inside the box I sat on the bed and checked my bedside cabinets once more to be sure everything was gone. When I was ready to close the box I remembered something: Chris' hoodie he took off and forgot here one day.

I'd never given it back cause I liked having a piece of him here. Walking to my closet I looked for the hoodie and soon enough found it. I even hadn't washed it because it had his smell on it. Taking it out I inhaled the thin scent still coming from him. It wasn't perfume or cologne. It was Christopher Campbell's original scent.

Saying goodbye to it too I put it in the box and then taped the box's every corner. I didn't want to be able to open it again. I wanted it to stay, but I didn't want the memories to come out.

***

After changing my outfit I headed for the subway station. I don't know why but I just didn't want to drive my car. There sure would be traffic and I've always loved subway better. After a 20 minutes of journey I reached to Covent Garden station.

I loved being in Covent Garden. All those different kinds of shops, tons of cafes, restaurants, streets shows and so much more.

Getting out of the subway I walked to the centre of Covent Garden to find Bun Design. Daniel wasn't there yet so I just sat down on the pavement with lots of other people and started waiting.

Not even after a full 10 minutes Daniel showed up offering me a hand to stand up. As soon as I stood up I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tight. "Don't know why but I missed you." I murmured burying my face to the crook of his neck. "Me too babe." he whispered.

---------

A/N: alright, the last scenes I wrote for the last chapter should have started here but somebody convinced me to write more. Somebody made me start writing this story new chapters from miles away.

So I'm sorry that Emily-Daniel meeting is not here but I'll make it up to you. I might write new chapters about Emily-Daniel too or I might write about Chase-Julie..not sure but this story will be longer than I expected :D

Thank you Saumya Singh <3 :))

So now..we're going to watch another life for a while...I bet you can guess who...

-------------

TWO WEEKS LATER...

CHRIS' POV:

I looked at the slim figure lying next to me in the dark. Her brown hair was a mess and was falling to her now closed eyes. Sheets were covering all her body except for her bare shoulders. In the dark her figure seemed like her, seemed like...Emily. I wanted to hold her, hug her, smell her familiar scent and tell her how much I loved her. But it wasn't her. It was just a random girl from the bar.

And Emily...she was miles away, in someone else's arms..happy. I sighed, shifted away and shut my eyes tightly. The air around me felt so solid, it was hard to breathe. Slowly peeling the sheets off my bare body I got on my feet. In need of fresh air I took my boxers from the ground and put them on.

The air at the balcony didn't feel any different, solid as always. Usual New York weather. I looked over the view, sun was slightly illuminating Brooklyn streets. I stood there, thought of all the sleepless nights I spent here, on this hotel balcony.

I hopped up and sat on the edge of the balcony. As I looked down a cold touch of wind passed me by. I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging at it and closing my eyes. I rubbed my hands over my face, put them on my neck and then felt something on my chest.

Looking down I saw that scar. The scar of a fight I got in for Emily. A scar that was left by a piece of glass stabbed on my chest. A scar Emily never knew. A fight she never knew. It's memory passed before my eyes. It was the first night I'd brought Emily to the bar I sang.

After sending her home with a taxi, I heard a few guys talking about her, whistling at her. My anger took over my body and I attacked them. When I woke up I was lying on the street with a piece of glass on my chest.

I remembered when Emily called me to say goodnight that night. I remembered how I tried to bear the pain of being sewed on the chest. How I stopped my voice from trembling, how-

"Christopher? What are you doing here?" a tiny voice asked. Opening my eyes I saw Natasha standing by the door of the balcony. With nothing but my shirt on her. Rolling my eyes, I groaned and looked away. He stepped on the balcony and spoke with her annoying voice.

"Come on, I'm cold. Warm me up?" I wanted to jump down and end everything. What kind of torture was that? But I knew I had to clear my mind off. So I jumped down and led her inside. Sitting on the bed I pulled her to my lap and started kissing her

As my hands reached down her shirt to unbutton it I shivered inside. The memory of that night, the night I ruined everything washed over me. I felt as though it was Emily who was in my arms. I pulled away and closed my eyes unwrapping my hands from her body.

"Get out!" I said between my teeth. "But, wh-" I put -actually kinda threw her- on the bed and shouted "Just get the hell out of my room!" Looking afraid she picked her clothes up, dressed and got out.

Elbows on my lap I buried my face in my palms. Every single move I did was reminding me of her. Every step I took in this fucking life was making me love her even more, miss her even more.

One-night stands, late nights at bars...None of them helped. I knew I needed to get up to my feet, to go on living but I couldn't. I've never been in this situation ever in my life.

Groaning I got up and walked to the drawers. Opening the first one I pulled a few shirts to a side and revealed the bottle underneath. Opening the cap I sprayed the liquid around and inhaled it.

It was her perfume. I couldn't stop myself from buying a bottle of it. It made me remember her, clearly. All our memories, happy ones and sad ones. I remembered how this perfume drove me over the edge whenever we kissed. I remembered the nights I fell asleep smelling this scent over her body.

Hell yeah, I missed her. I needed her.

****

Soo what do you think???

Let me know ;)

Love you all <3

xxx

Amortentia :))