Chapter 5 - yule ball

2 weeks later

The snow has finally come and can I tell you there's a lot of it. Over the past couple weeks I've been extra careful and not broken any rules just as Maxime wanted me.
I always arrive to lessons on time, I always sit and eat at the correct times, I've been especially polite and kind and I can't really do anything on the weekends if I've been snowed in. Most nights I spend with Rose and Johanna practising our dancing and walk for the Yule ball.
Everyone ecstatic for the ball, I've been asked three times; once by Viktor I rejected because I would hate to encourage Rita Skeeta's idea of us, once by Cedric but I said no again then finally once by another boy from Durmstrang.
But now the ball is tomorrow night and I'm dateless, it's my fault I know but I have to have a date since I'm a champion. Today and tomorrow I have then that's it. I better get looking.

I walk down the corridor, it's Friday and I've just finished my last lesson of the day which was defence against the dark arts. I pull my small blue jacket further around me as I walk towards the Beauxbaton rooms, I smile a small smile when I see George and Fred pulling a prank on some young fourth year.

"Fred and George Weasley leave that poor child alone" I say loudly as I approach them, the boys groan playfully and face me.

"Sorry mum" Fred jokes, I roll my eyes and poke them both.

"So Yule ball tomorrow who is the lucky guy?" Fred wiggles his eyebrows, I bite my lip.

"I don't have a lucky guy" I whisper, the boys jaws drop and their eyes widen.

"No ones asked you!" Fred says loudly, I shush him looking around to see if anyone is around.

"No, I have been asked I've just rejected all of them. I didn't want to go with any of them." I admit, Fred shoves George and nods his head towards me.

"Well then hey look it's Ron!" Fred points behind me, I look round to see no one.

"What the...?" I ask when I turn back around, Fred is walking away leaving me and George.

"I'm gonna kill him" George mutters. I smile and raise my eyebrow.

"What's that?" I ask as if I didn't hear. George rolls his eyes and smiles awkwardly at me.

"Let me walk you back Cleo" his smile twists into a smirks as I link arms with him and we skip back towards Beauxbatons way.
When we arrive George let's go of my arm and digs his hands into his pockets.

"Cleo, I was wondering, do you want to go to the ball with me?" George asks, I smile widely and hug him. I push up onto my tiptoes and to be able to bring my lips to his ear.

"Of course, George" George hesitates to wrap his arms around me but when he does I feel his lips spread widely into a toothy grin.

"I'll see you later then" George pulls away, I smile, biting my lip and nodding my head before entering my room.
"You're going with a Weasley?!" Rose asks shocked. "What happened to yummy krummy!?" Rose asks, her accent makes it sound so much funnier. I burst out laughing and fall onto my bed.

"I already told you we are just good friends, plus I actually like George he's funny and cute and I love his laugh and what am I saying? Me and George are friends he asked me I said yes that's it" I ramble, the girls laughs and I turn bright red. "At least I didn't say 'yummy krummy'." I mock Rose's French accent which makes her turn bright red. I jump onto my bed and kick off my shoes.

"Anyway who are you going with?" I ask, Rose shakes her head as if she thinks I'm stupid.

"A Durmstrang boy just like nearly every Beauxbaton girl, there is only a couple who are going with hogwart boys which includes you." Rose explains, I shrug and change.