Chapter 48 - graveyards

Since I visited Draco I haven't had any hallucinations or nightmares about him, nevertheless it's only been a couple of days.
I woke up earlier than normal today, not because of dreams or an earlier sunrise but because I had an awful feeling in my gut.
I don't know what it was but I just had to get out of the house.
I couldn't go to the shop, it's too early so I found myself here. In front of Fred's grave...
I sit down opposite his stone and sigh miserably.
"I miss you Fred, you can't imagine how bad things have gotten in my life now. George left me, I'm being questioned left and right about my death eater status. No one really trusts me anymore, I don't really trust anybody anymore as well. Most thought that the death of Voldemort would make things so much happier and it has, I see it everyday since the battle of Hogwarts. Parties, celebrations, generally happy people. That is until they notice me, their smiles drop and they stare as if I'm about to pull my wand from my pocket and kill them. No one understands that I was never on his side, I never wanted to be on his side. I always fought for Harry, for you and George, for Hogwarts. Fred, I know you died thinking I was one of the bad guys but I hope and pray that deep down you believed that I wasn't a bad person because you and George knew me like the back of your hand. I hid things from you, I know I did but it was for everyone's own good. I also knew that the way people are treating me right now would've happened sooner or later, I knew it would happen as soon as that vile mark was etched onto my forearm. Freddie, everything is wrong right now. There's a boy, called Donnie and he's just playing with my head right now. He claims that I know him but I can't remember anything to do with him, I work in a small book store and sleep on the sofa in my dead parents house all alone because I'm too scared to go anywhere else. I just want things to go back to how they used to be, when things made sense when the only thing to do with me being death eater was in my nightmares. I keep having this feeling that something terrible is about to happen, I don't know what and I don't know why but I can feel it. I miss you so much, so does everyone else." I dry my eyes quickly, distant footsteps alert me that someone's coming. "I'll come back again, I'm sorry, Fred." I disapperate out of the graveyard.
I make it to the shop in time for opening, Sharon greets me with a worried smile.
"What's the matter?" I pull my jacket off placing it on my stool, Sharon stumbles over to her flats door.
"It's David, I don't know what's the matter with him. I'm taking him to a healer to get him checked out. We shouldn't be gone long but if we are, here are the keys to the shop. Lock it up when you go for lunch or go home." Sharon hands me the keys.
"What about you? Won't you need them?"
"Oh, we have our own pair. It's about time you had keys to this place anyway." Sharon opens the door and helps David steady himself as he walks.
"Wow, you look..." I bite my lower lip as David weakly chuckles, his skin is as white as a sheet and his eyes are blood shot.
"...handsome? I know." David goes to laugh at himself but is erupted by a coughing fit.
"You should really get going, I hope he's okay. I'll lock up it's fine." I urge them forwards, Sharon thanks me before explaining about the enchantment that automatically protects the shop whilst it's locked.
After they left, the shop grew eerily silent.
I tuck myself behind the counter, I notice the new book on the desk but this time no note. I shake my head lifting it up carefully, even when David's sick he thinks about giving me a book. Over these past few days he's been giving me a new story every couple of mornings knowing I had probably finished the last one he gave me.
"Excuse me? Are you open?" An unexpected voice catches my attention, I book mark my page and raise my head.
A familiar freckled face and wild red hair greeted me with a wide smirk.
"Charlie!" I rush forward throwing my arms around him, Charlie wraps his arms around me and lifts me off the ground. "I haven't seen you since Fred's funeral."
"I know, then before that was the battle then before that was the wedding then before that it was the past summer maybe? I don't know really." Charlie laughs placing me back onto the floor.
"I assumed you returned to Romania, I mean unless you stayed for the celebration of the fall of Voldemort." I admit as I fuss over his hair so it's not in his face.
"Look, I know we haven't really spoken since the wedding so I thought I'd come to see you. Especially after what you said about Fred. Also I found a certain something that might lift your spirits." Charlie practically jumps out of his socks when he remembers why he came to see me.
"Really? I'm surprised anyone from your family has visited me after the rumours going around in the daily profit." I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly, Charlie sighs shaking his head.
"Come on, Cleo. We know you and if what you say is true and you know it is, we'll believe you."
"Thanks Charles, try telling that to George..." I lower my head staring down at my shoes, Charlie rolls his eyes.
"Don't call me Charles and follow me." Charlie takes my arm,
"Wait! Let me lock up!" I scurry over to the door and lock it, Charlie then disapperates us out of the shop.
"Where are we?" My eyes widen in awe as we land by a small house on the edge of the woods,
"My house. You can't expect me to stay with mum every time I come to England." Charlie smiles proudly at his small home, he beckons me to follow as he walks towards the trees. He whistles three times.
Suddenly a blur of scales and wings crash straight into me, I hit the ground with more force then wanted.
A weight holds me down and crushes my ribcage onto my lungs. White dots dance across my vision from where I hit my head.
"Edger will you get off her!" Charlie holds out what seems like a small piece of raw meat, the weight lifts off me allowing me to breath again.
I sit up looking to where Charlie stands, next to his feet is a Labrador sized dragon.
"Edger?" The sudden realisation floods me with joy, the dragon nears me then tackles me again.
His excited roar deafens me, I giggle hysterically staring at the dragon with disbelief.
"He's gotten big." I look back over at Charlie who's smiling triumphantly.
"Yeah well, he couldn't stay miniature his whole life. This is about the biggest size he'll get." Charlie explains throwing edger another piece of raw meat.
"How'd you find him? I set him free when I was on the search for horcruxes with Harry, Hermione and Ron.
"He was given to me if I'm honest, a friend of mine found him flying aimlessly and brought him to me. I instantly recognised him as the dragon Fred and George asked me for, when they wanted to give him to go as a present." Charlie explains, Edgar moves underneath my hand so I can stroke him.
I run my hand down his neck smiling at the feeling of his rough scales.
"Thank you, Charlie." I rise to my feet pulling Charlie into another embrace.
"He has to stay here at the moment, it's the only pale he's safe with you because really you having him the way you did was illegal. I'm around for the next couple weeks before I have to return to Romania, he'll be taken care of by me but I want you to learn how to look after him once I'm gone." Charlie informs me as he starts to walk towards the house, he tells Edger to stay as we head inside.
"Charlie, I can't always look after Edger. Is there possible way you could take him to Romania?" My heart sinks as I start to think, with everything going on right now I don't have time of a dragon.
"Well, there is but I thought you'd want him here with you." Charlie strolls over to the sink where he offers me a glass of water.
"I do want him here it's just...I don't have the time. I've got to get my own life on track before I can look after another." I sigh miserably, Charlie sits opposite me at his small dining table.
"Okay, you can look after him here for the next couple weeks and then when I go back to Romania, I'll take him with me. Deal?" Charlie offers, I nibble on the inside of my cheek as I think.
"Deal." My lips spread into a thankful smile.
Charlie goes on about how my dragon is actually pretty well behaved then he goes on about some of the dragons back in Romania, he shows off a pretty nasty scar from where he was burned once and before I knew it I realised I'd been there for the whole day.
It was four in the afternoon by the time I left fortunately when I made it back to the shop, Sharon and David hadn't come back.
Normally the shop closes up at 6 but I have a feeling that no customers will be coming in any time soon.
I lower the blinds switching on the lights, it takes me about half an hour of lazily using magic to stock new books onto the shelves as David isn't here to do it.
I throw my jacket on and scoop up my book, leaving the shop I lock up earlier than usual.
Rain starts to gradually pour down on me as I turn to leave, I tuck my book into my jacket as I run down the alley way I take to get to the party of Diagon alley where WWW is. I don't know why I don't disapperate from my shop to get home instead I always have to check on WWW, as if it's just going to get up and walk away.
Faintly I hear a small sharp whistle to my left, I abruptly stop to investigate.
The whistle is louder this time.
Turning the corner I notice a patronus, glowing in all it's glory.
A large fox, it lowers it's head at me then returns to where it came from.
I don't stop myself from following it, I start to sprint down the even smaller alley and when I reach the patronus' source I immediately regret it.
"Didn't ya 'ear. Curiosity killed the cat." Donnie smirks as he leans up against the wall, his patronus vanishing.
"Well I'm not a cat am I? My patronus is a dragon, Donnie. I already know I'm too curious for my own good so don't remind me about that." I edge my hand behind me where I keep my wand.
"I must agree with that, darlin'. Shame 'bout this rain, and just when we thought it'd be gettin' hotter." Donnie shakes his now sopping wet hair that is pressed against his forehead.
"What do you want?" I scoff, his can this guy be so relaxed and casual whilst I'm over here throwing a fit inside because of him.
"Well it's more what you want before we get to what I want. It's clear that I'm drivin you mental, sweetheart, by ignoring every one of your questions about me but right now isn't the right time to tell you. I promise you, I'll tell you whatever you wanna know but not now." Donnie keeps his hands inside his pockets pushing himself off the wall.
"Then why get me to come to you now?!" I whine growing frustrated with the boy.
"Just wanted to see your face. Until next time, love." Donnie winks at me before disapperating, I send my foot into the wall where he was just standing and cry out loud.
That son of a bitch.

A/N - did anyone watch "Danny and the human zoo" tonight with my phelp twins in. That was the main reason why I watched it, it feel right to see them acting again and as gingers as well! XD
I hope they start to do more movies and TV shows because they really are great actors.
Ps I won't be updating as quickly as normal for the next couple weeks or so. I'll try updating this weekend though.