Chapter 24 - boys

It's been a couple days since I've last slept, the longest I've gone without sleep actually with a little help from charms and potions of course.

The Christmas party is soon and hermione wants me to go with someone, I keep refusing. So she's focusing on Harry.

We walk through the library as she stacks some books away, Ron has been spending a lot of time with lavender which means hermione is extra talkative.

About Ron.

"He has the perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes, I really couldn't care less! Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending slughorns Christmas party together? Yes. Now given the circumstances I've had to make other arrangements..." Hermione gobs, I follow her as Harry does.

"Have you?" Harry asks,

"Yes, why?" Hermione finishes putting away the books and faces Harry and me.

"Well I just thought, seeing neither of us can go with who we'd really like to, we should go together as friends" Harry suggests.

"Why didn't I think of that?!" Hermione scolds herself,

"Who are you going with?" I ask curiously, hermione hesitates.

"It's a surprise!" She explains, I nod and look around.

"Anyway, Harry you need a date" I scan the girls, being as picky as I am I don't like any of them for Harry.

"You see that girl over there? That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion" hermione points out a girl across the library. Harry and Romilda stare at eachother,

"Really?" Harry raises his eyebrows

Hermione snaps her fingers "Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One!" Hermione informs him,

"But I am the chosen one" Harry cockily smirks, hermione hits him on the head with a newspaper.

"Sorry...kidding!" Harry redeems himself. "Well, I'll take someone I like. Someone cool" Harry tells hermione, he looks at me.

"Woah! Nope, strictly no student/teacher relationships. Plus Harry, I like going alone" I pat him on the back before walking away.

I pick out a cute burgundy dress before curling my purple hair, I wait for the timing to be correct then I walk across the castle to the party.

I enter and smile widely, slughorn greets me before a quick photo his taken then the students start to walk inside.

"Drink?" Neville walks over to me, I take a glass.

"Thank you Neville, didn't get in I see. I'm sorry, if I known I wouldn't gotten slughorn to let you come here without working" I gesture to the whole outfit and tray.

"It's okay" Neville smiles before walking away.

I notice hermione and Harry behind the curtains after a while, I was having fun actually until I decided to ruin theirs.

"Um, Severus. The boys are hiding" I point out Harry and now McLaggin hiding behind the curtains as hermione runs off.

"I'll deal with this" he storms over to them.

I burst into laughter as McLaggin pukes on snape.

Unfortunately I start to feel faint, I lean against the wall and close my eyes for a few seconds.

"You look very sleep deprived" Luna stands next to me, I open my eyes. Although I feel like I'm lifting weights.

"Yes, Luna that is because I am very sleep deprived. I haven't slept in several days" I smile nicely, Luna nods.