Chapter 60 - please don't go

A/N - Okay guys, I just looked at my plan for the story and I just saw that there are only twenty more chapters left before my epilogue. Only twenty! We're almost finished guys, keep your heads down and carry on reading my dears because you all are amazing to encourage me to get this far. I've kept this book going for over two years now and I'm so happy that some of you have stuck around. Once I have finished I will be editing the whole story especially my earliest chapters. Anyway! Moving on, I hope you all enjoy my next few chapters!
If anyone is interested, I had some music playing when I wrote the encounter between George and Cleo. I will put the link above and you should start it from about 52:20.

Clementine's PoV

My eyes meet with Donnie's past the two girls heads, Ginny looks between us.
"Who are you?" She turns and folds her arms across her chest. Donnie flashes a knee-weakening smile at the girl and holds out a hand.
"Donnie." He introduces himself.
"You're a snatcher." Hermione immediately responds after observing him closely.
"I'm gonna 'ave to ask you lovely ladies to leave my friend alone." Donnie ignores her comment, Hermione narrows her eyes.
"Why would we do what you say? I'm surprised you're not in Askaban yet, being a snatcher and all. No doubt you worked for you know who." Ginny fires back at Donnie. I roll my eyes at the trio and move to stand in front of Donnie.
"Please girls." I open the door for them, Hermione and Ginny stay where they stand.
"We're not leaving until you swear you'll come to the burrow tonight." Hermione stares me dead in the eye. I force myself to look away.
"I'm not making any promises Hermione, now please leave." I take my wand out, hoping not to use it. Donnie holds his wand up also.
Hermione's face twists in disgust, shaking her head at me she takes Ginnys hand and walks out of the shop.
"She's a lively one in' she?" Donnie chuckles as I close the shop door.
"What do you want Donnie?" I sigh as I sit back behind the desk and pick up my book, Donnie furrows his eyebrows at me.
"What no hug and kiss good morning?" Donnie opens his arms jokingly, I look up at him from my book. He smirks then takes a couple steps forward so he can lean his arms on the desk top. His right hand lowers my book forcing me to look up at him. 
"You said you wanted to be bad. Let's be bad." His smirk curls upwards into a toothy smile. I allow him to lay the book flat on the desk as a signal of my attention.
"I didn't think you came out in the daytime. You know there are auror's out and about." I remind him, Donnie pushes himself off the desk and ruffles his hair with his hand.
"I've got something planned for tonight but I need ya right now to 'elp gather supplies and things since I can't really wonder into a shop cause I 'ave no ingredients for poly juice potion."
"Just go down Knockturn, I'm sure someone down there will help you out." I suggest but Donnie shakes his head.
"That's where all the auror's are. Please love." Donnie holds his hands together, begging, still not entirely serious. I groan, I succumb to the mans pleads. Donnie smiles widely almost jumping off the floor.
We exit the shop, guilt filling me at the thought of David and Sharon, I write a small apology note and some excuse for my absence then send it to the shop desk.
Donnie spins around so he's walking backwards and starts to ramble at me about some potion we'll need but I lose focus as I realise he's backing into someone.
"Donnie, watch out!" I gas preaching to pull him back but it's too late, Donnie staggers into the back of some other man causing the stranger to fall to the floor.
"Woah, sorry there mate." Donnie doesn't even try to hide his laughter.
My heart stops when I spot the oddly familiar red hair, then as the tall man reveals his face, his freckles and full of annoyance eyes, I almost fall over. The world spins sideways but Donnie catches my arm, keeping me from hitting the floor.
"Cleo." George furrows his eyebrows as he too recognises me. My feet react before my brain does, I start to walk away but Georges hand on my arm stops me. "Cleo! Wait!"
However as quickly as George's hand connects with my skin as quickly is it ripped away... by Donnie. I touch the skin where Georges fingers gripped and close my eyes. One touch feels like someone has physically ripped the air from my lungs.
"Ey, ey, ey! Don't touch her!" Donnie squares up to George, shoving him forcefully away. George stumbles back but is quick to retaliate. He stands close to Donnie, clenching his jaw together. Even though Donnie, himself, is quite tall, George still has a good couple inches on him.
"Stop it! Both of you." I step in between the boys and sending my hands into Donnie's chest to move him away.
"Cleo, I need to talk to you." George tells me with his eyes flickering between myself and Donnie, I drop my arms from Donnie and turn to face George. "Please."
"Donnie, can you give me a minute?" I speak no louder than a whisper, Donnie is reluctant at first then must've seen the desperation in my eyes because he disapperates.
(A/N: in case you're wondering I started the music now.)
"What is this about?" I ask, folding my arms across my chest mainly because the insecurity about my dark mark.
"I had a dream the other night and it was about..." George stops himself but I know who he means. He means he had a dream about his brother. "—I don't know how to say this but..." This time I interrupt George.
"Before you say anything else I just want you to know, I loved you and Fred...so much. Someone once told me that when a wizard goes over to the dark side, there's nothing and no one that matters to them anymore, well you and your brother mattered to me. George you left me because of this–" I hold out my arm, "–and I want to hate you for that. But I can't hate you, I can't. If I hate you then I have nothing left. I sacrificed everything for you and everyone at home. If you only knew about those sacrifices that I have made, the things that I have given up, the pieces of myself that I have given away for you. And then you go ahead and treat me like I'm a dirty good-for-nothing death eater that played some part in killing Fred! But maybe it was my fault! Maybe Fred's death is on me because maybe if I had fought harder or stayed closer to you boys, Fred would still be alive..." I break down in tears, my chest aches and my stomach churns as I stare up at George.
He looks away from me, his voice quiet and his lips dry.
"Don't say that. Cleo, it wasn't your fault. I know what you did and I know I don't deserve you. I'm sorry for everything I said. But I need you back in my life, I lost Fred, I can't lose you too." George looks back down at me. I gnaw on my lower lip too afraid to speak again. "Come home." He lowers his voice.
"I can't. George, my life has changed. If I go home with you, you won't like who I am. I threatened Hermione earlier, I threatened her! I just can't be with you right now. I love you and I will always love you, but I can't be with you. I'm not good for you. I'm not good for anyone right now, with all the gossip and the rumours and the hate surrounding me. You don't want that, I don't know anyone who would." I pause, inhaling deeply as I stare down at my feet. "I have go, George." I look back up at him. "Goodbye." It takes every inch of me to turn my back on him and start to leave.
All of s sudden as if an impulse pushed George, I feel George grab my shoulder and force me to face him once again.
"No, don't you dare say goodbye. Don't leave." George pleads, I lift my hand to touch George's cheek but instead brush my hair from my own face.
George removes his hand from my shoulder, the burning from his touch stops when he does. And as soon as he does I disapperate.

Back at the house

I land inside my living room, gasping for air as I hold my stomach to stop myself from sobbing. Panic runs through me.
"Cleo? Cleo!" Donnie enters the room, catching me as I fall to my knees. I bury my face in his neck and grip tightly on his jacket.
"He apologised...he apologised and I left him. He looked so upset. Donnie, I left him." I try to catch my breath, Donnie helps by rubbing my back soothingly.
"No, 'e left ya first. What ya did was right, 'e don't deserve ya." Donnie hugs me tighter, i use him as a pillow as I let it all out. I thought I was strong. I thought I could do this. I was wrong.
"Look, I know I said we 'ad something to do tonight, but 'ow about we leave it 'till tomorrow? I can get take out and you can eat yourself into a coma, sound good?" Donnie suggests, pulling away slightly so he can brush the tears off my face with his thumbs.
I take a deep breath, and nod my head.
"Great, I'll be right back. Don't do something stupid while I'm gone."