Chapter 6 - task 2

I scream underwater, mermaids drag me down, down further under the water. I scream again letting out more air. I can't breathe I'm stuck. Weeds and roots hold me to the floor, the surface seems to be getting further and further away. I hold my breath and feel my head go dizzy just before merpeople attack me clawing and scratching at my skin.
I scream and finally pass out.
My eyes shoot open as I feel someone touch me.
"Cleo what the hell? You haven't ever had nightmares" rose wakes me. I gasp for air, slowly calm down. The task, the task is merpeople I know that but what I didn't know is that we have to be able to breathe under water. I need something to make sure I can breathe for at least an hour underwater. I have to find the boys. I skip lunch/breakfast and go searching for Viktor and Cedric. When I finally find them I stop them both and drag them to the side.
"Hey guys you have listened to the clue right?" I ask, both of them say they have.
"Okay well since it's for an hour underwater what have you guys done for the breathing situation?" I ask, the boys look at eachother before looking back at me.
"Cleo we aren't allowed to say, I'm sorry" viktor walks away but Cedric stays.
"Cedric please tell me I don't know what to do, I had nightmare last night, I never have nightmares. The nightmare was merpeople they were killing me, drowning me. I have no clue where to look for help that's why I need you to tell me where I can get help" I plead, Cedric sighs and gives in.
"I have a charm that can help you breathe underwater. I'm telling you this is a one time thing. I'm not going to help you out any other time" Cedric tells me. I nod and smile,
"Thank you so much Cedric" I hug him tightly, he hands me the name of the charm and walks away.
"What you doing with Cedric?" Fred and George make me jump, I hit them both in their arms. They both rub their arm and say ow.
"None of your business boys, just something for the next task that's all" I explain, Fred and George both drape their arms over my shoulders.
"Oh okay something for the task" Fred winks I hit him again.
"It is! Now both of you shut up" I demand. The boys laugh and Fred pinches my cheek.
"Touchy aren't we? What time did you wake this morning we didn't see at breakfast or lunch?" Fred asks
"I woke up around midday, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to visit hermione" I try to move away but they just drag me back.
"No you're staying with us, we have some prank we need you to help us with" George says, I sigh but don't object.
We prank many Durmstrang boys and quite a few Beauxbaton girls which I don't really like, George and Fred prank a couple of people from their year.
"I can't believe you made that boy eat puke flavoured jellybeans!" I pull a face but laugh, George and Fred laugh as well.
"We make good pranking partners Cleo maybe one day we'll steal you from Beauxbatons and bring you here to help us do pranks." Fred tells me
"Yes we shall keep you hidden in the boys bathroom, only feeding you chocolate frogs and letting you drink the sink water!" George adds I laugh.
"As good as that sounds I can't unless I get expelled which I don't really want that to happen I can't come to Hogwarts" I inform them. Fred and George give each other a look.
"No! You two won't get me expelled because if you do I will hurt you both" I warn them, they laugh.
"We're only joking clemmy" Fred ruffles my hair, I push him away and wrap my arms around George.
"I think I like George more than you now!" I say childishly
"Fine have George I thought we were something special obviously not!" Fred says dramatically. I laugh and so does Fred. George rolls his eyes but let's me hug him as we walk.
6 days later

I've spent nearly all of my time in the library recently, I've been studying the past years triwizard tournaments I've been trying to find more on merpeople and what we could expect to happen as our last task. I didn't find much unfortunately.
The snow is almost all gone thankfully and task day is among us. I walk down from the castle with just my champion robe on. My swim suit is underneath though, I notice Fred walking around with the bets.
"Hey Freddie! Where's Georgie?" I ask, I haven't seen the twins in three days. They visited me when I was studying but they soon got thrown out for pranking some boy called Neville.
"Uh...he's in the toilet" Fred tells me I place my hand on my hip and raise my eyebrow.
"Why are you lying to me?" I ask, Fred smiles a small smile and fixes his beanie.
"I can't tell you where George is. You better get down to the boats Remember we are still betting on you" Fred mutters. I go down to the Boats, I sigh as I get taken to the stands. I hate mermaids. Ever since that dream I've hated them. You know what's annoying me is I want to know what they have taken away from me. In the song they sung in the clue they said something about us receiving what they have took from us.
Dumbledore announces a welcome and what's happening. He mentions how we've had something stolen and how we have to go get what they took. He also explains how they are at the bottom of the black lake and how we only have one hour.
I take off my robe and get ready to place the bubble head charm on. The cannon goes off so we all dive in. I place the charm on creating a bubble of air around my mouth and nose so I can breathe.
Just like in my dream I decide to head towards the reeds and weeds, I read that the merpeople like to hide in it.
I hold in a panic as I start to hear merpeople. I swim quickly, my breathing fastens as they swim past me teasing me. I scream as one touches me, they laugh cruelly. Another one slithers it's disgusting tail on my skin. I swim as fast as I can until I find what I'm looking for...
Four prizes, four people. My stolen prize, George.
I swim over to him and touch his face, he's under some sort of sleeping trance. I hug his hard body.
I'm the first one here luckily so I quickly untie George and tug him up to the surface, everyone cheers and George awakens.
I hug him tightly, he hugs me back. I laugh and push his hair away from his face.
"You look stupid with long, wet hair" I laugh still slightly shaking from when the mermaids touched me. George laughs and we climb out, I wrap myself in a towel then George wraps me in his arms. He holds the towel around us both and holds me close to his chest, he rests his chin on my head and we watch the others.
Cedric comes second then viktor then Harry. Harry changes places to second place though because he helped save Cedric and Cedric's person because Cedric got stuck in some weeds and because Harry saved two people he was attack by merpeople. George congratulates me on getting first and they take a picture of me and George. I roll my eyes and we get taken back to the lake side. Fred hands George his beanie and coat, George thanks him and they walk either side of me.
"I hate mermaids" I grumble as I notice a long scratch up my arm where the mermaid dragged her tail. George agrees with me, I leave them before returning to my room where I'm bombarded by the girls.