Chapter 53 - never left alone

I stumble through the shop door with a coffee in my hand, my head throbs, my mouth still tastes vile even after devouring a whole tube of toothpaste.
I watch Sharon and David glance at one another before Sharon nears me helping me take off my thin jacket,
"Rough night? You look like hell." David chuckles leaning himself against a book shelf, I merely grunt in response which causes light laughter to fill the air.
"How was the dinner? Did you talk to him?" David tries to spark up conversation, Sharon shoots a warning look at him whilst I sit down.
"It was okay, George wasn't there. We just caught up and then I left. Nothing amazing." I lie, how can I get into what happened without adding Donnie to the equation. I can't tell them that about George in the shop and the fact that I'm helping an undesirable now. I've only just managed to gain full trust from them I can't lose them now.
"Then what? You went out and drowned in alcohol? What actually happened?" Sharon's normal soft but stern look has disappeared replaced with a hard disapproving look of concern.
"Honestly, I was just upset because George didn't show. I went out to have a couple drinks and some wizards and witches were incredibly rude to me saying things like I belong in a pub in Knockturn alley, that I was a filthy death eater that belongs in Azkaban with the rest of them. It's all the same Sharon, everyday I hear things like that, I guess I just got too worked up and ended up drinking away my problems. Don't worry, it won't happen again." I try my best to smile but Sharon's face turns to a bright red colour.
"Bloody trolls! Who the hell do they think they are?! You're a bloody hero for what you did! Some people are just never satisfied unless the bloody thing is happening right in front of their face!" David roars sounding as furious as Sharon looks. I wipe away a tear which ends up rolling down my face.
"It's okay, honestly. I can deal with it." I take a sip from my coffee, resting my head on the desk in front of me I pull out my wand and flick to pull the blinds down slightly so the sun isn't in my face.
"Listen Hun, why don't you have the day off. Catch up on some sleep, you look like you haven't sleep well in a year." Sharon's hand smooths over my hair soothingly, I sit up looking between the two elderly wizards.
"Try four." I half heartedly joke, in all honestly it has been three/four years since I've had a good night sleep. Ever since the triwizard tournament, ever since the letters from Bella that started it all.
I shake the thought from my mind before embracing Sharon warmly, she relaxes, smiling her kind smile and handing me back my jacket.
I leave the shop dumping my coffee in a close-by bin then heading down the usual alley way to check on WWW.
It's fairly early this morning and there is only a couple stragglers in the streets, the sun is high already due to the fact it's early summer and a cool gentle breezes sweeps through Diagon Alley.
I let out an exaggerated sigh as I notice the shop is still closed and as untouched as it always seems. I was just about to disapperate when I hear my name being called.
"Cleo! Quick come here! Cleo!" It sounds exactly like Hermione, I spin on my heels quickly and follow her calls, which lead to Knockturn Alley...
I abruptly stop. Looking around to see glares from the shadows, I go to run. I've lead myself straight into a trap...
"Not so fast!" I recognise my attackers as lower rank death eaters and snatchers, all well known faces by the wizarding world but not well known names.
I pull my wand out only to be slammed against one of the solid brick walls, I feel nails dig into my skin causing me to drop it; hissing through my teeth.
"What do you want?!" I growl, two of the five death eaters drag me so I'm pinned out against a wall behind a corner, a dark mist lingers around our feet sending chills up my spine.
Each one looks horrible, pale skin, skinny, dark circles live under their eyes. Not that I feel bad they deserve everything they get and worst, they chose to support the dark lord.
"It's not what we want, it's what lucius Malfoy wants. He said he would help us if we brought you a message." The first one moves backwards so his face is more hidden in the shadows then the rest of them.
"What message?! How are you all not in askaban yet?! The ministry have everyone searching for death eaters." The question suddenly clicked in my mind, how can so many death eaters be about?
"Never mind that, we all hanging on threads here." The first death eater snaps once more, I roll my eyes and try to wriggle away again. "Stay still! If you make much noise you'll attract the wrong attention."
"I already have the wrong attention, now will you tell me what Malfoy wants?!"
"He told us to tell you that he needs to speak with you, meet him tonight 8pm sharp at the manor."
"Why should I? Why shouldn't I scream right now and attract the nearest Auror which I happened to spot earlier." I partially lie to the death eater, I don't know if there is an Auror nearby.
"How would we know?! That's all he told us. Hurry up Travers, it's not safe here for us to be hanging around!" The third death eater looks between the first one and me.
"It's not safe for us anywhere to be hanging around so shut your gob and let me speak." Travers, the first death eater, takes a few steps closer to me pressing his wand into my cheek. "Now that I think about it, Mr Malfoy did say one other thing. He said if you were to reject his command that we had to force you."
I glare at the death eaters cold eyes, he sneers at me.
"Fine, I'll go. Now leave me be!" I fight once again against the restrain of the death eaters.
"Why don't we have some fun Travers?" The second death eater jumps for a moment as if excited, Travers exchanges a glance with the rest of his small group and simply shrugs.
The second death eater moves his face closed to mine, running his rough lips across my cheek inhaling deeply.
"Such a pretty girl. No wonder the dark lord wanted her around." He grimaces amused, I spit at the man causing a loud growl to erupt from his throat and his hand around my neck.
"Don't touch me!" I yell rising my voice, the death eater slaps me around the face before forcing his lips upon mine.
I try to lash my leg out but I only hit his thigh, he chuckles and forces his hands on my body as the others move away.
I manage to gain control of my arms and push him away, from the corner of my eye I notice the snatcher that took my wand.
I break free from the greasy grasp of the death eater to launch myself towards my wand, I land on top of the snatcher trying to pry my wand out of his hand. He rolls us over so I'm trapped under his abnormally heavy body, I sink my teeth into the vile mans shoulder, he roars in pain and moves away forgetting to take my wand with him.
I notice the pounding of footsteps coming down the alley, I spot the oncoming wizards as ministry workers.
"Help!" I plead, the death eater that suggested the cruel sport yanks me up by my hair and tries to force me into his embrace. Travers grabs the death eater by the neck of his coat and drags him away.
"Leave her! Aurors are coming!" Travers snarls shoving his group away where they each disapperate.
I take the opportunity to apperate to Malfoy manor.
I stop for a moment before entering the grounds where I stare at my reflection in a nearby puddle, my hairs a mess, blood drips from cuts on my face, my clothes are ragged and there are bruises and small scratches on my arms.
"Bloody trolls." I scoff, I find my way to the front door where dear old Draco allows me inside fussing over me straight away.
The tall weak looking blonde haired wizard who summoned me enters out into the hallway where I lean against a wall.
"Lucius. You wanted me?"