Thirty Two: The End Of Our Story

"Happiness doesn't have a definition

"Happiness doesn't have a definition. When you find yourself at peace, even for a split second. That's when you know you've found your happiness."

Staring at the mysterious book in my face, I raised a curious eyebrow at Jane's bewildered expression.

Parting my lips to speak, still half awake. She woke us up so early, especially after we had a day off today.

"So you're saying.. someone is stalking us?" I tried to hold back a giggle as I reluctantly peeled my eyes open some more.

Picking the book up curiously, I eyed the exterior.

It was a black printed book, with a sketch on the cover.

That looked like a silhouette of a couple kissing in the night sky. They were holding each other's face and the girl looked like her hand was entangled in her man's hair.

"Yes! I'm telling you! I thought it was an interesting book then I started reading and halfway I was like.. huh what the fuck? This sounds like our life." Jane frantically told me while throwing her hands in the air.

I let out a small giggle, she's so delirious. She hasn't slept for a whole day, she told us a few minutes ago.

Lance plopped down to us, leaning in to give me a kiss on the forehead before yawning. He raised an eyebrow at the interaction Jane and I was having.

Shaking my head, I passed the book to Lance who was on my right side.

My lips trying to cover the smirk that wanted to appear, letting out a small giggle before I said anything.

"Jane thinks this book is about our life. Love life.. friendships.. family."

He flipped the book open, his hands tracing along random pages.

The book smelled so fresh and new..

Jesus did she read this in one night? No wonder she's coming up with crazy theories.

Lance closed the book quickly and flipped to the back of the book. His eyes skimmed the blurb quickly as he parted his rosy soft lips to speak.

"Two troubled people; both hot headed and stubborn but broken inside.

Meeting him was the best thing that happened to her, but what happens when he's exactly like her?

Old secrets come up for air as the new couple tries to push past all the obstacles and create a new chapter in their life.

Will their love be strong enough? Or will this be another tragic love that ends up breaking their hearts?"

My eyes shot up as a smile left my face. This book seemed interesting, she was right.