Twenty: Marble Floors

"I'd rather fight with you, than love with another."

"You're joking right! Please tell me I'm not crazy and you're joking

"You're joking right! Please tell me I'm not crazy and you're joking." Lance stared at me in disbelief as it looked like he was about to explode.

This sight was so funny to see, I wish I could record him.

I held in a snicker as I smiled, "No I'm completely serious! I think it'll be good!"

Okay, so rewind.

I told Lance I was about to go look for a bartending job because I already had my license since I turned 18. He doesn't think it's a good idea because I might get kidnapped or things in that nature.

"Makayla." He had a completely stone cold facade on right now and his voice was menacing, which usually told me he was serious as heck.

He grabbed my arms and pulled me into his lap, "If you're in need of money, I will work for us! That's the only reason I think you would want to work there, to save up. I'll save up for whatever you want and do it by any means for you."

(A/N : Listen to the song that I linked, describes Lance in this moment)

My warm face started to blush madly as I swooned. Lance was such a big teddy bear even though he looked completely unapproachable. Hearing that he'd do anything for me makes my heart pound faster. He's completely wrong though.

I shake my head as I played with his soft hair, "I just want to get new experiences. Meet more people and make connections with the world.

You know my dad would practically raise me until I'm 100, so the money isn't a problem." I felt his body start to relax as he tightened his hold on me.

"You're so sweet though, I really appreciate that you'd do that for me." I gave him a small kiss on the lips as I felt his breath get shallow.

"Okay.. but no!" I rolled my eyes, he was so stubborn! He's way too protective for his own good.

"There's creeps out there! You know you're going to get hit on! What if they follow you home?" Lance started to question me again as his eyes were glaring at me.

"What if they follow you? Or what if they wait until after work and pop out and want to be with you? Or what if-" I clamped his mouth shut as I continued to hear him ramble about how dangerous it was for me.

"I know it's dangerous! I can protect myself. Don't worry about me, if anything just come get me once or twice a week!"

He gave me a smug smirk, "I was going to do that regardless! But I don't trust it..if you get hired, I'm driving you there and home!"

I smacked his chest lightly, "Everyone's going to think I have a over protective boyfriend."

His eyes twinkled in amusement, "Yes. Good, let them know he'll kick anyone's ass."

* * * *

DAY OF INTERVIEW ( 3 DAYS LATER )

I nervously walked into the bar and lounge that was located right by Hells Kitchen. It was almost 4PM, and they just opened. I see many staff cleaning the marble tables and black leather high top chairs. I straightened out my black tight black pants and smoothed out my almost white button up. My black boots would click against the tiled floor.

I put on a sweet smile as I asked the person standing cleaning the bar, "Hello, good afternoon! I'm here for a bartending interview." The man turned around as he looked at me and grinned.

"Hello, sure give me a second. I should be done in a few minutes. Please sit first." He gestured towards the free chair by the bar.

I took a few steps and climbed onto the chair, I hated chairs like this. It took me a good few seconds to get on it. I placed my bag on my lap as I looked around the place.

This place was a pretty sweet place, the ambience was casual, romantic and dark at the same time. There were a lot of black leather booths towards the back and from what I could see there was a few group like sitting areas as well. They had a lot of nice smelling candles and roses throughout the place.

I heard a throat clear as I turned around.
"I'm done, so you said you're here for an interview? You're Makayla Tasos, correct?" He shot me a assuring smile.

I nodded as my cheeks flushed in embarrassed, he must've seen me admiring the place.

"Yes that's me, I was told to come by at 4, sorry if I'm too early! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't late." I gave him a nervous laugh.

"No problem, I'm Johnny. We can start now before customers start coming in. Right this way, Makayla." I nodded as he told me to follow him into the back, we ended up at one of those areas with lounge chairs and a circular glass table in the middle.

He laughed as he shook his head, "You don't have to be so nervous! I don't bite. Just relax don't give anything too much thought."

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just nervous! This is the first time I'm getting interviewed for this job." I gave him a nervous smile as I laughed.

"Okay, so let's get this started with and see if you'll be helping us!" He claps his hands together as he starts to ask me questions. The first few were a breeze.

"What do you do if you see a guy hitting on a girl and she already doesn't like it? What do you do if he starts to put the moves on her?"

I raised an eyebrow and lowered it quickly, okay I wasn't imagining these questions but they definitely make sense.

"Well, I would see if she isn't liking it and if he is being too inappropriate I'd step in. I'd tell him to calm down before we ask him to leave.

It's hard to say because it can be tricky, but if I can see the woman genuinely upset I will step in." I gave him a smile as this was really something I'd believe.

He nodded as he grinned but covered the enthusiasm on his face, "Okay, come back to the bar and make me a few basic drinks"

I was really hoping that smile on his face meant I was close to getting hired. I think he really liked me because he agreed on most of the things I asked. I'm confident in my mixing skills, I just had to not go too heavy on the alcohol.

I stood behind the bar as I saw a lot of liquor bottles surrounding me. I gathered the things I would need and took a deep breath.

Well, here goes nothing! Wish me luck.

HI GUYS! Thank you for giving me 600 reads! Please vote and comment if you're still reading. I appreciate every one of you! ❤️✨