Seventeen: Thanksgiving pt. 2

"I'll recognize your soul, no matter where we go."

  Maika's POV

  Maika's POV

Lance was staring at me, his gaze made me feel nervous. I felt my cheeks start to heat up,  fuck.
This always happens! I knew he could tell what I was thinking just by my facial expressions.

His soft red lips parted as if he was going to say something. I didn't get a chance to take in his appearance today. He had on a navy blue sweater with some ripped jeans as well. I held my hand up to his mouth knowing I'd want to stay here kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

"We should go back downstairs, the food is probably done and they're most likely wondering if we're making babies up here." Knowing my dad, he would definitely think that. Especially after what he arranged at the hotel.

His eyes widen as he clears his throat, "Y-yeah.. let's go beautiful."

My knees got weak as he took my hand in his.

They fit perfectly.

* * * *

I stumble over my own two feet as the drink in my hand nearly spills. I let out a hiccup and a giggle at the same time, nearly causing me to puke. I scrunched up my face in disgust, that taste is horrible.

I heard Lance chuckle as I turn around and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Maybe you should lay down sweetie, you didn't eat much that's why it's going to your head more."

Melissa came next to me and escorted me over to the couches where Lance, Carter, my father, Melissa and Lee were sitting.

I let out a small laugh, "Don't worry! I'm completely used to drinking."

I saw my dad raise an eyebrow hiding a smirk quickly, "So in high school?"

My face must've shown fear or something along those lines because he started to laugh, "I already knew that don't worry."

I rolled my eyes, Melissa helped me sit down in between Lance and Carter. I groaned in frustration as I put my head back onto the couch.

"So you're a lightweight huh?" I heard Carter speak up, I swear I can practically feel the asshole radiating off of him.

"No. The drinks were just heavy."

I felt my face heating up by the second because of the alcohol. Why did I have to drink so much, the headache I'm going to have later is crazy.

Carter's parents and mine as well left the couches and went to the back room. They told us to 'behave well' or 'Don't burn down the house'.