Twenty Eight: Light

A/N: Today I reached 1k reads! I was super happy it practically made my day! Thank you guys for the support and the comments 💙. They mean a lot to me, I'm hoping you guys will stick throughout the whole journey!

I'm thinking the book will finish within a few chapters and I'm most likely publishing a new book I have an idea about.

As always, thank you guys! And I hope you enjoy the chapter below!

〰️〰️〰️

"Love without affection; is just like a fish out of the water. It won't survive."

 The light fluffy snow fell onto my nose and melted almost instantly

The light fluffy snow fell onto my nose and melted almost instantly. Around me the snow was falling freely on their own with no care in the world.

Looking up into the white sky, snow fell gently onto my clothes. As I blinked, I felt the snowflakes on my eyelashes melt, I let out a big smile as I walked to my car leaving footprints in the untouched snow.

* * * *

Pulling up to Jane's driveway, the snow crunched beneath my tires. Everything looked so magical and fake, I wish a picture would truly capture the full beauty of the scene in front of my eyes. I had called her to come out a few minutes ago, as I honked my horn I saw her walking down the steps.

She tried to open the car door as I snickered, she did this to me last time so it was definitely payback. She knocked on the window screaming 'I'm freezing open this shit!'.

Rolling my eyes, I unlocked the door as she jumped in like a rabbit. She smacked my arm multiple times as I yelped in pain.

"It's fucking freezing outside why would you do that!" She rubbed her hands on her thighs repeatedly to warm them up.

"Actually don't say it, I just remembered." Her voice sounded like she was in defeat as she mumbled some incoherent words.

I started to drive as I gripped the steering wheel, parting my lips to speak.

"So, why are we going out even though it's like negative 5 degrees outside?" I let out a small frown as I saw kids playing with the snow happily.

"The place we been wanting to try remember! The food looks really good." She flicked on the radio and started singing to the random song playing.

"I'm saying, if I get sick! I'm going to kick your ass." I turned to her for a split second giving her a evil smile.

* * * *

Sitting down at the wooden table, I took a deep whiff of the air. It smelled very woody, which wasn't surprising as it had a nature type of vibe to it.