Ten: Beyond Repair

"Tears leave your eyes because they're so desperately trying to escape your memories"

🌱

I took the glass jugs of orange juice and coffee. I set each plate accordingly to where everyone would sit, I placed the blueberry compote into a bowl and fresh bananas onto a plate and set it in the middle. I placed the turkey bacon, eggs, and pancakes onto different plates.

I called everyone downstairs to eat before everything got cold, my dad was the first one to come downstairs. He greeted me with a good morning and smirked at me, I furrowed my eyebrows.

I raised an eyebrow curiously, "What has you smirking like you're a teenager?"

"So are you seeing Lance now?" I nearly choke on my spit, I should've kept my mouth shut.

"What makes you say that?" I question him still not showing that he fazed me.

"I mean.. I've been a teenager before so.. don't think I didn't notice he's been coming over a lot and he sleeps over as well." I groaned at the last part, it does look suspicious.

Why didn't we plan this out better!

Deciding to come clean, I mean this is my father.

"I mean yeah we kind of are but we're taking things slow.." I ran my hand through my hair, it was falling freely onto my back considering it was wash day today.

My dad grabbed me into a sudden hug and smiled, "I'm proud of you sweetie, it's been a long time since I saw you smile like that."

I blush at his words because it's true, I did feel super happy with Lance and I'm just surprised my dad even noticed.

"You're embarrassing me! I do feel happy with him though.. it's been a while." My cheeks were hurting because I was smiling just thinking about him.

"That's good, I'm proud of you I really am. Your old man knows everything! Just cause I don't say anything don't mean nothing." He winked at me, I cursed under my breath.

Well it was an obvious fail hiding it from my dad, considering he was the master at this stuff when he was a teenager.

"Just so you know, I'll still kick his ass hard if he hurts you." He put on a stern voice as he tried to contain his laughter.

Yes, he's laughing but he would most definitely do it.

I have witnessed it many times, he sat down and gathered himself a huge plate while scrolling through his emails.