Thirty One: Love

A/N: I'm so emotional! This chapter had me dying when I was writing it. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Don't know how I'm going to end this book yet! But sadly, it will be one more chapter.

Please vote and comment as you read along! I love the spam ;)

"If you have true love, you have lifelong happiness."

The lights flickered on in the living room as Maika, Danny and their father walked in

The lights flickered on in the living room as Maika, Danny and their father walked in. The Christmas tree was shining brightly even in the dark.

Underneath the tree, gifts were piling on top of one another. Almost enough to cause an avalanche if they collapsed. Maika let out a big smile when she spotted the 7 foot tree.

I wonder which are mine this year. She thought to herself curiously.

She kneeled and placed a medium sized box onto an empty spot. It was wrapped with blue gift wrap; that had reindeers and ornaments on them.

She bit her lip and a small smile appeared on her lips, she pushed back a strand of her freshly dyed brown hair behind her ear.

"Wow, it looks like there's more and more gifts each year." Nathan slipped off his coat, letting it hang on the coat rack.

Danny lets out a small chuckle as he does the same action his father was doing.

"Yeah, I guess because there's one more person joining us this year." He shot his bright hazel eyes at his sister, a smirk appear on his lips.

She rolled his eyes and threw her hat at him, which he caught quickly. "You love him! Dad does as well! Who is complaining?"

All three of them looked at each other, silence fell upon them as they heard the clock ticking.

They all itched to let a smile appear on their face. Nathan couldn't hold it anymore, he let out a roar of laughter. Which were followed by a chorus of his children's laughter, as well as the sound of the door unlocking.

In walked Lance, with a red stuffy nose from the cold and wind from outside. Following him, led Kareem, Jane, and Grant who all held a indescribable emotion on their faces.

Maika let out a smile that could practically dump sunshine on the household. She parted her plump lips to speak, walking towards her friends.

"Hey guys! Merry Christmas, thanks for coming." Her voice was soft and grateful that they could make it.

They all let out a chuckle, taking off all of their belongings.

They told her 'of course, they wouldn't miss it for the world.' A smirk appearing on each of their lips.