Sixteen: Thanksgiving pt. 1

"The moment you realize you're happy makes up for the fact that your life isn't close to perfection."

*THE SONG I HAVE ATTACHED IS HOW LANCE FEELS ABOUT MAIKA DAILY. LISTEN TO IT ❤️ IT'S AMAZING*

    I collapsed on the couch completely exhausted my feet felt like they were on fire

    I collapsed on the couch completely exhausted my feet felt like they were on fire. It's currently 7 PM and the last dish should be ready soon. Lance and I was setting the tables up with Thanksgiving themed table cloth. The utensils and plates as well as the napkins were all Thanksgiving colored.

Isn't it so messed up we're celebrating Thanksgiving like this when the history of it was mostly fabricated. Only reason why I celebrate is simply for the food and being able to be with my family and occasionally friends. In this case Lance, I'm blushing thinking back to earlier when he called me his girl. It sounds so sweet hearing it from him, it sounded like it was meant to be.

I'm still baffled at the fact the giraffe is here, I have no idea who he is at all and why he's here. My dad comes over to me as if it's on cue.

"Maika come here, let me introduce you to my long time friends." He tells me to follow him and I pull the sweater up a little bit.

"Lee, Melissa. This is my daughter Makayla." There's a young looking couple who stands in front of me.

How did Dad make friends with 20 year olds?

The guy Lee has a clean cut beard and brown hair. "I hear such good things from your old man! Even if he doesn't show it he's proud of you." He laughs while my dad gives him a death stare.

"Nice to meet you Makayla, I'm Lee's wife!" She had red hair as it fell down in waves.

Her eyes were blue as she gives me a smile. She gives me a tight hug which I wasn't expecting at all so my face was buried into her chest.

I cough when she lets me go, "Nice to meet you guys. You can call me Maika for short." I give them a sweet smile as I see her wave over a tall figure.

"Carter come over here right now!" She said in a motherly tone. I hear the guy groan in annoyance and trek over.

Melissa smiles at me and goes, "Makayla, this is my son Carter!" Um, did she have kids when she was 2 or something? I look up at Carter and my jaw must've hit the floor.

"You're kidding me!" I said loudly crossing my arms in disbelief.

Carter's light brown eyes widened when he saw me as he covered it up. "So we see each other again. Is this fate or what?"

Fate my ass, maybe in hell but as far I know we're on Earth.

"Maika you know Lee's boy?" My dad questioned me, I see Lance walking up to me out of the corner of my eye. Oh, he looks really mad too.