Can't Never Be Me

Chapter One

#Xylia POV

I breathed in deeply letting the music flow through me as I danced to this new song by Tinashe. This beat was increasing my adrenaline rush that I felt from this song.

I am currently captain of the dance team for the Golden Bears. I go to California University in Berkeley. This is my freshman year and surprisingly I'm the captain of the team. The captain before me thought that I had good captain traits with my dancing skills and gave me the privilege. A lot of people think it was because my mom was a famous singer but I didn't let that bother me.

One of my many best friends Marissa is also on the team with me. Balancing that and being in Rebel helps distract me from getting in trouble. My other best friends Vanessa, and Marissa's twin sister Malinda was in the group too. We were the offsprings of our mothers and you could tell too.

I sighed wiping the sweat off my forehead as we walked off the football field ignoring the cheerleaders. A lot fakely congratulated each other but I sat back in the bleachers. Marissa sat beside me and smiled.

"We did our fucking thing out there girl." She said taking a sip of her Gatorade.

I nodded. "We did but it gets exhausting." I groaned while doing a couple stretches.

She laughed at me rolling her eyes. "You're crazy. You're the one making us do these crazy ass routines."

I brushed my hair back shaking my head. "I only strive for the best for my team."

I watched as our football team ran back on the field with our opponents. My eyes searched our team until they landed on number 11. He looked over to me and smiled before waving.

I stood up. "Go Xavion!" I screamed to my older brother.

He laughed shaking his head before going back to the team. My brother, Xavion, was captain of the football team and a senior here along with my older sister Xena.

I turned back to see Xena and my other best friends Vanessa and Malinda. Vanessa twin brother, Jesus decided to tag along. Everyone was a twin except me. I didn't mind though. I was one of a kind.

-------------------------------

We won the game 77-14. I was proud of our team because we only had two losses and six wins. My brother ran over to me sweaty picking me up and twirling me around. I shrieked laughing to him.

"Put me down." I laughed.

He put me down laughing with me. My sister and the gang walked over cheering him on. Xavion scooped Xena up kissing her cheek as well.

"Celebrating at ours?" I asked holding my hands together smirking.

My siblings smirked as well nodding.

I counted everyone before clapping my hands together again . "Okay. The girls get in my truck and the boys get in Xavion's truck."

They nodded and the girls followed me to my midnight blue 2036 Escalade and pulled out the parking lot.

I turned the radio up and windows down blasting some old Beyonce song called 'Partition'. The song is crazy but I love me some Beyonce with her old ass. Her daughter Blue be doing her thing too. She's my sister age and dating Wiz Khalifa son Sebastian. Cutest couple of the year.

We pulled up to my mom's house and I quickly turned the music down and rolled the windows back up. I wasn't about to have my crazy ass mom talking bad to me because I was blasting music. Or even worse my daddy Becca.