TUM Chapter 29

~ Alexis ~

As I watched the scene from afar, my eyes blinked rapidly. Was this actually happening?

S-She thought.. Emma was me? Oh sh*t. I'm so dead.

Now, all I could think about was. Should I go on the date? Yes? Or no? 

I might be super mean, but that doesn't mean I go around screwing up everyone's relationship. But then again, Zach did specify the fact that it was just a "friends" thing. But, that's what the guy always says in movies, before he breaks up with his girlfriend and goes for the other girl. 

Right? Or am I just hallucinating? 

Sh*t, what do I do?! 

I sprinted towards the woods to take a nice, relaxing walk. But of course, God never seems to listen to my wishes.

So, surprise surprise. Guess who's there? 

Yup, you guessed it. Zach.

 "Oh hey Alexis. Miss me already?" Zach gave a half-smile, half-smirk.

I glared at him harshly, before he spoke up for himself, "Whoa, whoa what did I do this time?"

I started, "It wasn't you. It was your b*tch of a girlfriend! I don't know even know how! S-She found out about," I motioned in between us, "this. And then, she went out to humiliate Emma."

With each word, my voice rose even higher. The venom lacing each word was enough for Zach to think twice about defending himself. 

"Do not even think about defending yourself! That girl has serious issues. I don't even know how you could date that.. thing," I shot him a disgusted look.

"Whoa, are you jealous?" Zach asked, obviously misunderstanding my anger.

I snorted, "Me? Jealous? Zach! Because of Melissa, Emma is probably.. injured now!"

I thought twice about that. Was I yelling at him out of jealousy or anger towards Melissa? Either way, I was defending Emma. 

Wait, what?

Defending Emma?!

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, I guess.. What do you want me to do about it?" Zach asked, actually sounding sincere.

I sighed, before my closing my eyes and opening them back up again. This time, taking in the fact that Zach was closer to me. 

 "Just.. please, talk to Melissa. I honestly don't know how she even found out," I rubbed my eyes quickly.

"Okay, of course. Are we still on for Saturday though?" Zach flashed me his award-winning smile.

Ugh! How could I say no to that? I hate how he can just make me feel like that. Just with a f*cking smile. I scolded myself mentally.

I sighed heavily again, "Fine.. But if we get caught or.. Melissa founds out. We're blaming it on you. Got it?" 

I smirked a bit. But, I was kind of serious.

"Of course, your Majesty," Zach bent down on one knee and exaggeratedly bowed down in front of me. 

I had to try and stifle a laugh. Oh, Zach. He always seemed to have the ability to surprise me.

"We should be heading back now, before we get stuck here...again," he joked light-heartedly. 

Oh, and there it is again. His ability to to surprise me. How could he afford to say that, after I almost died last time? Well, not really. But, still.

I glared at him, "Ha-ha, very funny."

"I know," Zach gave me another heart-stopping grin.

I had to turn away, because I honestly didn't know what I looked like at that moment. But, I knew there were plenty of butterflies in my stomach and I felt extremely giddy for some reason.

The rest of the walk was actually filled with a comfortable silence. Neither of us had to try and start a conversation either. We just walked side by side, enjoying the nice weather outside today. 

As we got back to the camp, we bid each other farewell and headed in different directions.

I headed back towards the cabin, humming to myself happily. But as soon as I walked in, my eyes widened to the size of saucers.

Were they, for real

 ***

~ Emma ~ 

"You okay?" Trevor whispered to me, as I let it all out.

I nodded, before rubbing my eyes. I probably looked like an idiot. Yet, Trevor was still here with me. I couldn't help but wonder why he was willing to deal with me. Let alone, take care of me. 

"Thank you, for.. everything," I gave him a watery smile, before wiping away more of my tears.

"Of course. I'm quite the charmer, eh?" Trevor winked at me.

"Haha sure, you are.." I joked.

I adverted my gaze, because I didn't want him to see my cheeks redden to the shade of a tomato.

It was true though. He was quite the charmer. 

"Were you being sarcastic?" Trevor raised an eyebrow, before leaning in closer to me.

I sucked in a deep breath, "No."

At this point, I could feel my knees going weak. It was a good thing we were sitting down, otherwise I probably would've fainted by now and hit my head against something sharp. 

He leaned in closer and captured my lips with his. I didn't know what to feel, at that moment. I was just numb and at one point or another, I remember kissing back and forgetting my surroundings. 

Was this what it felt like to be in love?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was actually going to cut it off at Alexis' POV. But, I realized it was too short. And you guys deserved more than that, because I made you guys wait two whole weeks! Sorry about that :|

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote + comment + give me feedback! 

Thank you everyone <3 And I hope you guys are having a great summer so far:)