TUM Chapter 24

~ Alexis ~

Nightmares. The one word that physically haunts you in your sleep. I don't know why, but I just woke up screaming in the middle of the night. I don't even have a clue, of what my dream was about. All I know is that I just woke up screaming. Period.

***

I was standing in line, rubbing at my eyes tiredly. I was extremely tired. Wait no, that's an understatement. I was ready to drop dead, at this moment. 

Blinking a couple of times, I let my eyes adjust to bright white light shining from above me. Sauntering over to Zach at this very moment was Emma. Wait, what? Am I seeing right?

She turned my way and smirked at me, before laying a hand on Zach's arm. 

Oh no, she didn't!

Before I could make my way over there though, Melissa appeared out of nowhere--like a predator about to catch its prey. She laid one arm on Emma's shoulder, before digging her sharply manicured fingers into it.

I saw Emma wince, but I made no move to help her out. She deserved it. That bitch act last night was so unnecessary. However, Zach disapproved of this little scene.

He frowned, "Melissa, I think you should remove your arm. I think you're hurting Emma."

"Oh I'm sorry Emma, are you okay?" Melissa asked a bit too sweetly. 

Emma nodded, before scurrying off in a different direction. I smirked a bit. That was kind of amusing to watch. 

"Ugh, that so wasn't fair," a voice suddenly said into my ear. I jumped, before turning around.

I glared at her, "What wasn't fair? No one told you to go over there and flirt your ass off."

Emma raised her voice, "All I did was go over there and -"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Break it up, you two. Can you guys even go a day without arguing? I mean seriously," Megan sighed, while rubbing her temples.

Jessica pitched in, "I agree. It gets annoying after awhile."

Megan stared at her flatly, "You argue with Alexis too, Jessica."

"Psh, so? It's different," Jessica countered.

"No it's not," Emma and Megan chorsued at the same time. 

"Whatever," Jessica muttered, before crossing her arms over her chest. Megan sighed.

Jessica smiled mischievously, "Megan, you sound hecka old when you sigh."

"I'm not in the mood, Jessica," Megan grumbled, before stalking off towards the breakfast bar.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," I muttered, causing giggles to erupt from Jessica and Emma.

*** 

~ Emma ~

I quickly gathered my food and made sure to make absolutely no eye contact with Zach and his possy. That was one of the most embarrassing things I had ever encountered. 

As I arrived at my usual table, the speaker came on and Arlene began talking, "Good morning campers! How are we all doing on this lovely morning?"

The usual choruses of "great" rang out, across the room.

"Wonderful! We have a busy schedule today, so eat up everyone! We'll be starting our swimming lessons today at 10 o' clock sharp. After lunch, we'll be having another fitness test. The rest of the schedule will be announced later. But, have a great day everyone!" Arlene beamed, before walking off the stage.

The others arrived soon after and we all ate in a comfortable silence. But, I think it was mainly for Megan's benefit and her angry outburst this morning.

After everyone finished their breakfast, we agreed to go and retrieve or bathing suits. 

"Do you think they're going to section us off into certain groups, by our skill level?" I asked.

"Probably," Megan shrugged.

Jessica started. "Are you guys any good at swimming? Last time we went, well, Emma - "

"Jessica, shut up!" Megan slapped a hand over Jessica's mouth. 

A couple of "mmphs" came from Jessica's mouth, before Megan finally let her hand go.

"I'm okay," Alexis pitched in.

"I suck," I automatically admitted. 

"It's okay, I suck too Emma," Megan laughed.

"Oh my god, I can be your guys' swimming coach! I'm absolutely amazing at swimming," Jessica blabbed.

"If you were my coach, I'd drown within the first second," Alexis snorted.

"Oh yeah? Well if you were my student, I'd die from your...your stupidity within the first second!" Jessica retorted.

Megan sighed, "And here we go again...."

I just giggled silently, before letting those two continue bickering. 

I thought to myself. Maybe we did fight a lot, but a healthy friendship needs a few fights right?

Quickly, Megan and I shared a secret smile, while watching the others in amusement. Oh, this was going to be an interesting day. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys, I'm sorry but I'm going to be deleting this story after about a week or so. I just don't have the time to write anymore and ------- JUST KIDDING, APRIL FOOLS ;D Haha did you guys freak out? 

Okay well sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been spending my weekends reading and studying. But, I finally got a chapter in so hooray ;D 

As always, please vote, comment, and give me feedback! See 'ya soon....hopefully ;)