TUM Chapter 21

~ Emma ~

“Rise and shine, girlies!” Melinda sang. 

My eyes automatically snapped open and we all groaned loudly. I stretched and tried to muffle the big yawn that was attemping to escape.

“Dude Melinda, how many times do we have to tell you that saying ‘girlies’ does not make you sound any younger?” Jessica sighed. I giggled, but definitely agreed.

Melinda rolled her eyes, “Whatever. Just get your lazy asses out of bed. Electives start today!”

I started, “Melinda, you shouldn’t be –“

“Yeah, yeah I know. I shouldn’t be cussing. Blah blah blah. Jesus, Emma! You’re starting to sound like my mother!” Melinda raised an eyebrow, while placing a hand on her hip.

Megan and Jessica just smirked at me, while I gave them all a sheepish grin.

“Out of bed, guys!” Melinda turned to Jessica, “There. Is that better, Jessica?”  

Jessica smiled, “Yes. Good job, Melinda. Let’s all give her a round of applause!”

Just as we were about to start clapping our hands, Melinda held out her hand and commented sarcastically, “Ha-ha, very funny.”

The three of us silently giggled to ourselves, before we got out of our beds to get ready for the day awaiting us.

***

Breakfast was over within 10 minutes for me. I was so excited for world languages, that I could hardly wait! Yeah, yeah I know I still have to wait ‘til after lunch, but I didn’t care. I honestly loved learning.

“Hey Emma, what’s the rush?”

I turned around to find Trevor smiling at me dazzlingly, while his eyes lit up.

“Nothing. I’m just really excited for my elective,” I beamed.

“What do you have?” Trevor questioned, while cocking an eyebrow. 

“World languages,” I immediately replied.

“It’s going to be so much fun!” I said, while he commented, “How boring.”

“What did you just say?” We both chorused at the same time.

Simultaneously, we raised an eyebrow. Then, we burst out into laughter.

“Why do we always do that?” Trevor asked, while recovering from his chuckling.

I smiled, “I honestly don’t know.”

“But seriously? You think it’s fun?” 

I nodded, “If you don’t like it, why were you placed in the class?”

He sighed, “I’m not in the class. I was chosen as the teacher assistant.”

“Really? You? As the teacher assistant?” I quirked an eyebrow.

The thought of Trevor being a teacher assistant seemed kind of ridiculous.

“What? Is that so hard to believe? You barely know me!” Trevor countered.

I laughed, “Whatever.”

Trevor brought up his arm to his face and squinted at the watch, “I think I have to go now. Mrs. Lopez wants me there early. I guess I’ll see you later.”

Trevor smiled and waved his hand, “See ‘ya.”

I returned the gesture, “Good bye.”

And that’s when I knew this summer couldn’t possibly get any better!

***

~ Alexis ~

I could hardly shove another piece of oatmeal into my mouth. This stuff was just too disgusting! What do they even make this stuff from?

“Come on, Alexis. You can finish it,” Megan urged, while taking another spoonful of the inedible food.

“H*ll no! That stuff tastes like crap!” I grimaced. How could she even say that?

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Dude, it’s not that bad. You’re acting like it’s someone’s poop.”

“If It was, I wouldn’t be surprised,” I said flatly.

“Whatever,” Jessica and Megan said, at the time.

I sighed, “You guys sound like my parents.”

“I’m glad,” Megan replied, while Jessica said, “Ew no.”

They both glanced at each other.

Then, they both simultaneously said, “Why do you want to be a parent?”

While, the other said, “Why don’t you want to be a parent?”

I shook my head. This was going to be the longest summer ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys. Yeah, yeah I know this chapter was really crappy. I did it all on the car yesterday and my internet was jacked up and I couldn't upload this 'til today and blah blah blah. 

Anyways, we're nearing the climax, so get ready! :) 

That's it for this time! V, C, & GMF! And peace out xoxo.