TUM Chapter 40

~ Alexis ~

After breakfast, I made my way to Mr. Hones' nature class.

To be honest, the thought of one of these animals peeing on me didn't sound so horrifying anymore. Well, it was definitely gross. But, I didn't yelp or screech everytime I saw something disgusting. That was improvement, right?

When I walked into the class, everyone was pretty much talking and waiting for Mr. Hones to show up.

A mischievous thought crossed my mind and soon, I was tiptoeing across the class like a ninja. 

"Boo!" I screamed. 

A shriek - one that was also quite feminine, might I add - came from Zach's mouth and I clutched my stomach, nearly falling over from laughter.

Oh my god. That did not just happen. Hunter and Dana, who were nearby, also cracked up. 

When all three of us finally recovered from our uncontrollable fit of laughter, he made sure to give each of us one of his deathly glares.

When his eyes met mine, I knew he was trying his hardest not to let that infectious smile of his take over. But, he failed and ended up tackling me instead. 

I squirmed under his grasp.

"You're gonna pay for that, Alexandria!" 

"Guys, just get a room," Hunter said, before rolling his eyes jokingly. I glowered at him, when Zach finally released me. 

Zach shook his head out of good nature, "Shut up, man."

Dana giggled and I gave her a warm smile, one that she soon returned.

She seemed to have gotten over what had happened a couple of weeks ago and I was glad. Wow, that seemed like such a long time ago. I'm pretty sure Hunter even had a thing for her. Hm, maybe it was time to play Cupid? But, before I could let my thoughts wander off even further, Mr. Hones walked in.

"Hello, class. Before we move onto today's lesson, I would like to read a few of the announcements Arlene would like for us to address."

The class immediately quieted down and waited for what was about to come.

Mr. Hones' eyes skimmed through the letter quickly, "There is going to be another weight check-in sometime next week. The world languages club is holding their salsa competition on Friday. And The Summer Gala is going to be held in a couple of weeks!"

The last sentence caused the class to erupt into an excited round of chatter and whispers about how it was going to be amazing - well, that was for the people that knew what it was all about.

Others like me, who were completely clueless, had to ask around. So, I turned to the other three who were sitting near me.

Before I could even voice my question, they all started, "The Summer Gala is - " 

They laughed and then gestured for Dana to explain, because she was on the committee, "The Summer Gala is basically a dance and a talent show, that's combined. It's seriously one of the coolest things ever! It's held two weeks before we all leave. This year, the theme is - "

"Oops, I'm not supposed to tell you guys."

"Aw, Dana, come on. Why don't you tell us? It's not like we're not going to tell anyone," Hunter bargained.

But, Dana pretended to zip up her mouth with a key and then throw it away. Hunter whined childishly even more.

He batted his eyelashes, "Please, pretty please. I'll buy you whatever you want."