TUM Chapter 7

~ Emma ~ 

I didn't remember much from last night. Except for the fact that Zach was about to kiss me. Everything else was just a blur to me. 

When I woke up, I realized that everyone else was gone. From my assumptions, I just thought that they went to get breakfast. As fast as I could, I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and got dressed. 

***

By the time I got to the cafeteria, there weren't many food choices left. But, I tried to pick the healthiest one I could find--the organic oatmeal. 

I scanned the crowded room, for someone I might know--or more specifically, someone popular.

No, not her. Too emo. No, not him. Too weird. No, not him. Too creepy. Just as I was about to give up, I saw the silky, golden hair that reflected off of the sunlight. Speedily, I made my way over and took a seat.

"Hey Melissa!" I beamed at her.

Melissa turned around, from the conversation she had with her friends, and gave me a once-over.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You must've mistaken this table, for the loser table over there," she pointed towards the table, near the trash can, in the back. Melissa smirked and turned around to give her friends a high-five.

"Y-Yeah, sorry. I thought you were someone else," I muttered under my breath, as I tried to make my way over to Alexis's table, without gaining any other attention. 

"What are you doing over here?" Alexis snapped, as soon as she saw me sitting at her table.

"Sitting with you. What does it look like I'm doing?" I retorted. Okay, so maybe I'm not so good, when it comes to this whole new become-friends-with-everyone facade. 

"I don't think so," she glared at me. Quickly picking up her breakfast and throwing it into the trash, she ran out of the cafeteria.

I felt hurt. But, when Melissa and her friends started laughing loudly from their table, it was just too much for me. So much for becoming friends with everyone. 

***

~ Alexis ~

Who does that girl think she is? Trying to become friends with everyone. Like anyone would want to be her friend.  

A loud message soon blared over the speakers that were placed all around the camp. 

"Good morning campers! Once you've finished breakfast, please head down to the lower end of the lake. We will be having a fitness test today! So start stretching and exercising and good luck!" Arlene's nasally voice told us, I could just see the creepy smile on her face. 

Seeing as I had nothing else to do, I headed down to the part of the lake, that Arlene was talking about.

As soon as I got there, I spotted Zach and his shirtless, toned body, exercising. Saying he's sexy is an understatement--more like a sexy, holy god with a terrific body. He spotted me and motioned for me to come over. 

Don't you dare think I'm a creeper! If you were here right now, I bet you would be saying the same, exact things.

"H-Hey Zach," I breathed out.

"Alexa, right?" he smiled.

"No," I gave him a stern look.

"Alexis?" he tried again.

I nodded.

My instincts immediately started to argue with me, Move on. The guy's a player. It's not like he'll remember your name. He doesn't deserve to be near your presence. 

Yeah, like I would pass up a chance to see his amazing abs? 

It's the right thing to do. 

I don't know, if you've noticed, conscious. But, I don't do the "right" thing, a lot. Geez, you should know me better. You're here with me 24/7.

Like I want to be?

Excuse me?!

"Ummm... Alexis, you okay?" Zach asked.

"Huh, oh uhh... yeah, sorry. I just zoned out there," I embarrassedly admitted.

"Yeah, I kinda noticed," he laughed nervously, like he was scared of me.

I scratched the back of my head shyly.

"Oh and hey I wanted you to meet my friends," Zach motioned to the two guys behind him.

Huh? 

Oh wow! I didn't even notice them there. 

That's 'cause you got lost in his amazing body. 

Shut up.

It's true, don't try to deny it. 

I hated, that my conscious was right.

Zach pointed to the guy with the light blonde hair first, "This, here, is Trevor."

Trevor politely nodded in my direction, but didn't say anything further. I returned the nod.

"And this is Logan. Try to avoid him. He's a player," Zach smirked at his brown-haired friend.

"Hypocrite," Logan snorted, "You're one too."

Zach laughed knowingly.

See, I told you. 

Shut your pie hole, conscious!

"Anyways, what's cookin' good lookin'?" Logan smiled. You know that smile that makes your knees go weak all of a sudden? Yeah, that's the one. Oh god, he's like another Zach. Help me, God! How am I ever going to live?

I snorted, "Shut up. That's not going to work on me, you idiot."

"Dude, Zach. Where'd you find this girl? Is she some lesbian? Girls always giggle at my pick-up lines. I think there's something wrong with this one," Logan asked confusedly.

I glared at him, "I'm not a lesbian! You're just not my type."

"See! Lesbian! No girl ever rejects me!" Logan whined.

"Shut up, man. You sound like a whiny girl, who just got dumped or something," Zach butted in.

Trevor nodded, "Yeah you do, Logan."

I laughed. Who knew Zach's friends could be so funny? But, all of the fun has to end at some point or another.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" a wicked voice interrupted our conversation.

"Oh hey, babe. It's no one. It's just Alexis," Zach soothed her, while putting his arm around her waist.

It's no one. It's just Alexis. 

My conscious repeated over and over.

Those words shouldn't have a negative effect on me. But, they did. 

Why? Even I, didn't know the answer to that question, myself. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have much to say, except vote, comment, and give me feedback? Pretty please? Thanks guys <3

P.S. Expect another update in a week. But for now, peace out :)