TUM Chapter 25

~ Emma ~

The day went by surprisingly fast. But, I was extremely happy with my results. I had lost approximately 10-15 pounds within the last week or so. However, I knew it would just get harder from here on out. 

As we made our way towards the cafeteria for dinner, I felt a little giddy--like I knew something good was about to happen. I had that sense sometimes - almost something like a 6th sense. But, I could never tell when something ominous or bad was about to happen. 

As we entered the cafeteria, Jessica, Megan, Alexis, and I quickly entered the line to retrieve our food. Nothing extravagant today, though. Just some cole slaw and mashed potatoes.

The lunch lady quickly dumped the pile of food onto my tray with a splat! I jumped back before any of it could land in my hair or hit my clothes. But as I jumped back, I bumped into someone else - specifically someone with a very hard chest.

That person also seemed to catch me, before I could fall any further and injure more people. I turned around to see who it was.

"Trevor?" I voiced out loud.

"Yeah, it's me...you okay?" Trevor quirked an eyebrow.

"Yeah I'm fine," I smiled timidly. I felt my cheeks start burning up a little bit, so I quickly turned away. Wouldn't want anything awkward happening, right? Ha-ha.. 

"He's in to you," Jessica said blatantly, as I faced her.

"You're joking," I shook my head, as I gathered some eating utensils.

"Why would I be?" Jessica asked frustratedly.

"I don't know.." I looked around, hoping to get rid of the embarrassment on my face.

Alexis pitched in, "He's in to you. I can just tell."

I glared at her, "You're just saying that 'cuz you want Zach all to yourself."

"He's got Melissa - that won't be happening anytime soon," Alexis stated in a "duh" tone.

"So? That's not gonna stop you," I snorted.

"Oh darling, I think you have the wrong person," Alexis patted my shoulder. She smirked at me one last time, before turning around and sauntering towards our usual table.

"Ooh, catfight yay!" Jessica squealed.

Megan glared at her, before she hissed, "Not now, Jessica."

I just crossed my arms over my chest, before sitting down at one of the chairs at the same table. No words were exchanged, but it's not like I wanted to talk anyway. However, I thought about how awkward it might've been for Megan. Not Jessica - she just wanted a cat fight. But, Megan. I almost laughed at the ridicule of her always having to look after us and telling us to relax. I'd have to thank her sooner or later.

***

~ Alexis ~

I slowly scooped up the mashed potatoes and put it into my mouth. As I was chewing, Arlene made her way onto the stage again.

Ugh, not again. One announcement was enough. I didn't want to have to listen to her nasaly voice a second time. Why God, why?!

Arlene started, "Good afternoon, campers! As I said before, I have another announcement to make! Tomorrow we will he having our first 'reunion' day with our family!" 

With that last word, I spit out my mashed potatoes and started choking. I didn't even notice that it shot all the way across the room and landed in Melissa's hair, until I heard her ear-deafening shriek. 

Melissa screamed, "Ahhhhh! Eww! What is this?! Somebody get it out of my hair! Now!" 

Arlene stopped talking immediately and glanced in Melissa's direction. 

"Is there a problem...Miss Devon?" Arlene raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! Something just shot across the room and landed in my hair!" Melissa shrieked again.

"Miss Devon, you may be excused," Arlene nodded shortly.

Melissa quickly got up and ran out of there with her posse by her side, ready to assist all of her needs. 

As I looked around the table that Melissa got up from, I saw the majority of them snickering and awfully stifling their laughter. The rest of the cafeteria didn't even bother. They just started laughing and slapping each other's backs. 

Then, Zach caught my eye and smiled at me genuinely. He mouthed something in my direction that looked something a lot like "nice job," before giving me a thumbs up.

I almost laughed. His girlfriend was frustrated and he was happy with this? Boy, was he going to have a handful later on when she came back out. 

Arlene cleared her throat, "As I was saying, we we will be having a reunion of some sort with our families tomorrow! Our families will be staying with us all day, so you won't have to worry about time!" 

She went on and on about readying this place, but all I could think about was my family. 

Did they know of this?

Were they dreading it like I was?

Were they going to bring me back home?

Part of me was sad about the last one. But why? Didn't I want to go back home? That was my only wish, ever since I got here right? 

Jessica's squealing brought me out of my reverie. 

"I can't wait to see my parents! I miss them so much!" Jessica smiled brightly. 

"What about your siblings? Don't you have any?" Megan pondered. 

"No, I'm an only child," Jessica shrugged.

"Me too," Emma said gloomily.

Jessica caught onto Emma's mood and added, "Well, it surely has its ups and downs. But, I don't think I could live with annoying older brother or a little sister looking up to me."

Emma shrugged.

Megan rubbed her temples, "I live with my mom, my older brother, and my younger brother. And sometimes, it can get really chaotic."

I pitched in, "You guys have no idea how bad it is for me! I have the most annoying little sister and she is such a kiss-up. She always tells on me. And then my parents always have to ground me."

"That's not really surprising," Jessica shrugged. I glared at her.

"You guys, not again. Please...for me," Megan put her hands up in defense. 

I shrugged, "Oh well. I guess we have to go back and 'clean' up our cabin." Air quotes around the word, "clean."

Everyone knew that I was too lazy to actually "clean" up the cabin. But in my opinion, I just called it selective participation.

"Yup, let's go!" Emma brightened up immediately. That was when I realized Emma didn't really participate in our conversation. I was tempted to ask her about her family, but I let it go. She probably didn't want to talk about it, for specific reasons. Oh well.

Megan volunteered to dump all of our trash and we thanked her.

On our way back, you could tell how excited everyone was, for tomorrow. I mentally groaned. Was I the only one that felt this way? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay, I actually liked this chapter! :) Who's excited for the next chappie? I know, I am ;D Probably lots of drama - more than usual. 

Nothing new going on in my life, but I'm still obsessed with tumblr. That's why I refuse to upload sometimes...

Anyways, V, C, & GMF! :) I'd be more than happy to hear your feedback! Thanks everyone <3