TUM Chapter 18

~ Emma ~

Jessica, Megan, and I all sat peacefully on the blanket, while watching the movie--which was absolutely positively boring, might I add.

We had finished our food about ten minutes ago, after I went on a wild goose chase for my food. In the end, I didn't even get to eat it. Jessica and Megan devoured almost all my food, while I sat there gawking at how much food they could consume, in such a small period of time. I was only left with a half a hot dog, by the time they were completely full.

Now, I could hear my stomach grumbling uncontrollably. It was so embarrassing. 

"Emma, tell your stomach to stop growling," Jessica scolded me, never taking her eyes off of the movie, that I found absolutely tedious. 

I rolled my eyes, "Sure, Jessica. Right after I tell my unicorn stuffed animal to poop out rainbow cookies."

"Ooh! Can I have one?" Jessica squealed, this time taking her eyes off of the screen, to face me.

Megan interrupted our conversation, "Have what?"

Jessica turned to her, "Emma says she's going to give me a rainbow cookie, that her stuffed animals's gonna poop out!"

Megan's eyes brightened immediately, "Ooh! Can I have one too?"

I rolled my eyes, "Haven't you guys ever heard of sarcasm?"

"Yeah, why?" they both said simultaneously. 

"Never mind," I brought my palm to my face and sighed loudly. 

Their eyes immediately went back to the screen, as if this conversation had never happened. I chuckled softly, at the amount of interest they showed towards the movie. If only I was as interested as them...

Deciding that it was a waste of time sitting here doing nothing, I got up and headed towards the table of food to retrieve a quick snack. 

As I was about to grab the last piece of pie, someone else's hand shot out for it, at the same time. 

I looked up to meet a pair of cheerful hazel eyes. Well, cheerful, until he saw that we were going after the same dessert. 

"Trevor?" I breathed.

His eyebrows furrowed together, "How do you know my name?"

My cheeks reddened. I had only heard his name once, when we were taking the fitness test. Shoot, I'm screwed. What do I tell him? That I was unashamedly listening to the conversation he had with one of the coaches? No way!

"Ermm.. I... uhh..."

"Please tell me you're not another one of my creepy stalkers," Trevor sighed.

"I-I'm not, promise!" I defended myself.

Trevor sighed in relief this time, "Thank god! I've dealt with enough, for a life time."

 I laughed uneasily. He dealt with enough for a life time? Did that mean there were many other girls interested in him? Did that mean I had no chance with him? Wait no! What am I even saying? There's no way I would ever be with him. I should just move on and forget I ever had this mental debate with myself.

My eyes snapped back to the appetizing piece of pie. As my hands reached out to grab it again, Trevor's hands lightly swatted mine away.

"Mine!" he said possessively, before snatching the plate away from me.

I narrowed my eyes, "What makes you think you have the right to take the last piece of pie?"

"Well for starters, I am a counselor-in-training here. Don't you think that's a privilege? And second of all, I could eat a horse! My friends ate all my food," a frown flitted across his face.