TUM Chapter 16

Quick message for you guys, just in case I forget! The dedication is for theninjafruitbowl, which is an account created by some of my friends and I (ATouchOfSugar, xfortunecookiex, piggypoo, happycow101). We will surely start some stories on there soon, so don't forget to check it out and fan. We'll keep you guys updated, on all of our accounts (hopefully). That's it for now. Read away! (: 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I stood in front of the beach, I couldn't help but feel a bit self-conscious. There were actually a lot of people out right now and I felt really embarrassed--even though I wasn't the only overweight one here. Technically, I shouldn't feel like an outcast, right? But, I did and I think I knew where I was getting that vibe from. Speak of the devil... 

"Hey guys!" Melissa's overly pitched and cheerily (fake) voice sang, as she and her possy grew closer. 

Over the past few days, let's just say Jessica's and Megan's hatred for Melissa grew to a whole 'nother level. I really don't know. Something along of the lines of singling them out and pouring maple syrup over their heads. I honestly don't know! 

"Hey b*tch, what's up?" Jessica smiled wickedly.

Melissa lips pressed together tightly, before returning the same wicked smile, "If you guys are jealous, it's okay. You can just admit it. I won't judge you guys. Promise."

Megan's hand came up and before we knew what was going to hand up, a resonating slap was heard. My eyes widened and I looked at the culprit. 

"Owww!" Melissa yelped. 

"Megan!" I scolded. She just returned my accusing look, with a smirk.

 "You whores!" Melissa screamed.

"Technically, a wh*re is person who sleeps around a lot. I haven't slept with anyone yet, so that doesn't really apply to me. And I doubt it applies to Megan and Emma either," Jessica replied calmly. 

"Like anyone would want to sleep with - " 

Before Melissa could even finish her sentence, another punch was thrown into her pricely, fake face. 

I sighed, "Come on, guys. Let's go. I really don't have the energy to fight."

"Too scared to fight back, huh?" Melissa smirked, after recovering from the punch.

"Nope. I'm going to walk away with my pride, while I still can," I threw her a meaningful look. 

For a second, she looked phased, but that look quickly passed before she snorted, "Yeah, right."

"Why thank you, Melissa!" I cried sarcastically.

"I was kidding, " Melissa rolled her eyes at me. 

"It doesn't take a genius to figure that out," I snorted. This time, I actually turned around and walked off, not really caring if Megan and Jessica were following me or not.

***

"Come on, Emma! You're missing out on all of the fun! I mean doesn't this water just look so refreshing to you?" Jessica tried to convince me.

"Jessica. I'm going to be honest with you," I paused, "You suck at negotiating."

Jessica sent me a glare, before going back to splash around in the water. I rolled my eyes at her childishness. 

Megan suddenly appeared right next to me and sighed, "Emma, I know this is still about the whole 'weight' problem. But, Melissa isn't even here with us right now. And it's not like anyone else is going to insult or harass us. We're here together, for a reason. You know what I'm saying?"