TUM Chapter 15

Dedicated to happycow101, because her birthday is this Thursday. So happy early birthday, my dear friend! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Alexis ~

It has been twenty minutes, since we had last uttered a word. My stomach was grumbling, like crazy now, and I was quite embarrassed by it. I groaned internally.

"Come on, Zach. Are we there yet?" I asked him, irritatedly.

He turned around to glare at me, "Does it look like we're there yet?" 

 I raised an eyebrow, "How am I supposed to know?"

Zach let out an exasperated sigh, but didn't push the topic any further.

"I'm hungry! What time is it?" I whined.

Without turning around, Zach said, "Time for you to shut up!"

I gasped, "Oh no you didn't!" 

"Oh yes I did," Zach mocked in a girlish voice, before turning around to smirk at me. 

I glared at him, "I'll let you off of the hook this time only because one, I have no more energy, two I'm freakin' exhausted and three, I'm so d*mn hungry!"

"Or you're too scared to get your a*s whipped by moi," Zach boasted proudly.

I raised an eyebrow, "Do you really want to go there?"

Zach smirked at me, "Oh, I want to go there."

As I took a threateningly large step towards him, I saw his Adam's apple bob, from gulping nervously. But, I only did that to tease/scare him for a teeny bit. I really didn't have the energy, to fight with him anymore.

I mentally did a happy dance, for being able to make him nervous and a bit scared. But, all I really did after that, was  take a step back and walk on the path, where were we were previously going towards. 

"So? That's it? You're not going to do anything?" Zach asked, clearly surprised.

I raised an eyebrow but kept on walking, "Do you want me to do something?"

Zach cleared his throat, before walking ahead of me, "Umm.. no, never mind, forget I even asked."

"Don't worry. If you want me to injure you later, I'd be more than happy to," I laughed.

"No, please no!" Zach shook his head quickly. 

I shook my head and chuckled, "I'm just kidding, Zach. But, come on, I'm really hungry. And you're as slow as a snail. Will you please hurry up?"

He nodded and quickened his pace a bit, before we lapsed into a comfortable silence--making the only thing audible, the pit-pat of our footsteps and a few of the birds chirping above us, in the trees. 

***

~ Emma ~

Jessica, Megan, and I were all currently having lunch right now. Arlene was discussing some of the activities, that we could sign up for, as our elective for the summer.

"In all, we have six activities available: arts and crafts, nature-exploring and animal care, computers, writer's workshop, drama, and world languages," Arlene explained.

"When you are finished with your breakfast, please head back to your cabins and tell your counselors, which activity you would like. You may pick 2 out of the 6 choices given. But, you will only be assigned one of the electives. That's all for today, campers. Enjoy your time here!" Arlene smiled, before heading off of the stage.