CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

[Still Matt's POV]

"Biggy?"! I called out. Why were his eyes bugging out like that? He pushed my aside and stood on his knees beside her on her bed. Then, he started giving her CPR. I just stood there watching with wide eyes. Everyone else was doing the same except for Bruno, he was on the phone calling 911 for an ambulance. What the hell is happening? I looked back at Biggy who was still giving her CPR. "WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!" I screamed. Nobody looked at me, all eyes were focused on Casey. Soon after, the ambulance came and Bruno rushed out to get them. They came and got her on a stretcher and put her in the ambulance. I wanted to come along but they didn't let me. Jake and I drove in Cay's car while Ashlyn and Sarah rode in their car and Bruno and Biggy in theirs. The ride to the hospital was silent but it was torturous. All I wanted to do was see Casey and see that she's okay. When we got there we saw Bruno and Biggy already there talking quietly to each other in the middle of the hall. We jogged to them and a few seconds later, Ashlyn and Sarah came. "Where is she? Is she okay?" I asked Bruno and Biggy. Bruno answered, "We don't know yet. The doctors haven't said anything." I just nodded and started pacing down the hall. I stopped about half an hour later when I heard sobbing. I turned around and saw Ashlyn leaning on the wall with tears running down her face. "This...is all...my...fault," I heard her say in between sobbing. She slid down and sat on the floor with her back leaning on the wall. She pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. She continued to sob and cry and Sarah bent down on her knees next to her. "Ashlyn, this isn't your fault. You didn't know this was gonna happen and maybe you didn't do anything. Maybe this is because of what happened when someone broke into her house," she said to her. "She's right, this has nothing to do with your little shock." We all turned around to see a doctor in her mid-thirties standing with a clipboard. We all stood up straight and waited for her to say something and she looked at her clipboard again and then said, "Well, she's fine now. We don't know what happened and we don't know what caused this. It had nothing to do with the shock she experience so it could be related to the accident a few days ago. We've done tests and everything possible but we still haven't found out anything. We're gonna have to keep her here for a few days just to make sure that she's okay. She's awake now, you can see her." I didn't do anything else and just went in the room. Cay was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Her skin was pale and she looked exhausted. I walked over to her and she looked into my eyes as I stopped by her bed. "Baby," I said and took her hand in mine. She smiled and I leaned down to kiss her forehead. She responded by kissing her chin. Wow, it felt like she hadn't done that in ages. I pulled away from her a little to look at her. She looked so weak. I sighed and she raised her eyes brows. I just shook my head and smiled. She smiled back but her smile turned into a frown when someone started screaming at her. "Oh. My. God. I am sooo sorry, Case. I didn't mean for that to happen. I'm sorry. I'm so, so, sorry..." She kept rambling on and Cay chuckled. Girls...but not my girl, no, she's different. "Ash, that's enough sorry's, you didn't even do anything. Now come here," she said and stretched her arms out to hug her. Ashlyn smiled and hugged her back. When they pulled away, they both stared at each other for a sec then burst out completely laughing. Again...Girls. I chuckled at my thought and got eyed weirdly by Jake. I looked at Bruno and Biggy who were standing in front of the wall, their arms behind their backs like they were hand-cuffed, with smiles on their faces. "You come here too," Cay shouted at Sarah then all of them laughed before group hugging. "Ohemgee! It feels like I haven't seen you guys in months!" she screamed and both girls agreed instantly with more screams and cheers. This was a funny scene. I could see that Cay was getting her color back. They all pulled away at the same time and laughed again. What's so funny? "Do I get a hug too?" I asked playfully. Cay laughed then said, "Course you big dummy. Come here!" She stretched her beautiful long arms out and I chuckled. I walked closer to her and she wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her shoulders, careful not to hurt her back. She kissed my cheek before letting go and I grinned from ear to ear. "What 'bout me?" I asked and she nodded. He walked over to her and hugged her just as careful as I did. When they pulled back, I saw her grinning evilly at Bruno and Biggy. "Everyone in this room has gotten a hug, all that's left is you two. Come here!" she shouted at them. We all laughed when they both looked at each other then shrugged. They walked closer to the bed and stopped a meter away. Their faces looked like they thought she'd bite. I laughed and so did everyone else. Cay sat up carefully and wrapped an arm around each one's shoulders. They both stood there with shocked expressions. I wonder if these two are twins. When they pulled away, Cay laughed evilly which caused everyone to laugh too. "You know, Case, whenever you wake up in a hospital, you always seem drunk," Jake said. Her grin turned into a frown and everyone's laughter died down. "To think of it, I've been in hospitals with a total of 3 times this summer. I'm starting to get paranoid with them," she said and with that, everyone started laughing again. "So, we don't need to tell our parents about this time?" she said with a hopeful look on her face. "Oh, no, no, no, we're telling them," Jake said and she shook her head. "Please don't tell. If they found out about another ungrateful trip to the hospital, they won't ever let me leave the house again and we don't want that do we?" She did the puppy dog face. Who can resist that? Jake looked hesitant at first but said, "Fine but if our parents get mad, I'm not gonna take the blame again." A grin grew on her face and she screamed, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Jakey! I love you so much!" We all laughed again and after the laughter died down. We turned on the tv hanging on the wall and started watching a show. Guess what show. Yeah, you've guessed right, "SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!" or as Cay would call it, "MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!"

__________

Like it? Hate it? Love it? Hope you did. :) Please vote, comment, become a fan! Thanks for reading! Make sure to wait for the next chapters. :D Less than three! <3