CHAPTER 46

Chapter 46

[Casey's POV] 

I woke up and I barely felt any pain. I looked down and saw that my stomach was all bandaged up. I looked up and Stefan and Mat were tied up again. "What happened?" I asked them, sitting up. "Bruno came back," Matt answered. "How long was I out?" I asked him. "About 10 hours or so," Stefan replied. Wow. That meant that it would be 2 more hours until dad would get here. Not too long now. I had to figure something out. I stood up and looked around the room. There was nothing here that could help me. "It seems like someone made an early visit," Bruno said, coming into the room. In tow, he had dad being brought by some other men. "Dad!" I cried. He ran to me and hugged me. "How are you?" he asked, seeing my stomach. "I"m fine," I told him. "Family reunited!" Bruno clapped. I rolled my eyes at him. "You got us here, what's your plan?" I asked him. He shrugged. "I won't tell you."  I sighed. The next thing that happened shocked me. The guard that helped us suddenly nocked Bruno out. "Get out! Go!" he screamed. I started trying to untie Matt and Stefan's hands but it was too tight. "Dammit!" I screamed. "Leave them! Come back for them later! He only wants you two!" he told us. Dad grabbed my arm and started pulling me away. "No, Matt!" I screamed just before the doors to the room closed. We ran into the forest and a few minutes, I heard Bruno's scary voice. "You can run but you can't hide!" he laughed. Dad and I crouched into a tree. We saw him walking with a gun in his hand. My dad motioned to me not to make a sound. "Where are you, Ms. Butterfly?" he said with a scary voice. 

He finally left after a few minutes and we started to get up but then a bunch of  men started coming our way. We jumped back under the tree. They ran away and we got up. We started running back to the house when someone started grabbing us. They pulled us deeper into the forest and when we emerged, we were on the beach. There was a hill that went up high and it seemed that there was a cliff. When we got up there, I look down and saw sharp rocks underneath. "Gotcha!" Bruno laughed. "No! You can't do anything to us!" I screamed at him. He laughed. "Really?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "Shut up!" he barked at me and slapped me across the cheek. "No! Don't touch her!" Dad growled at him but he only laughed. "What do we do here?" he asked, mockingly. "Let her go. Let's see if she can fight," he said. I grimaced but I walked into a fighting stance. Bruno did the same. He seemed to know what he was doing. He sent a punch into my gut but I dodged it. We fought again and he gained the upper hand. That was until I grabbed his gun and pointed him. The other men started to raise their guns at me but Bruno raised his hands to them. "Don't," he ordered them. I knew what I had to do. Quickly, I shot all the men. Bruno's eyes went wide. I could see fear in them. I was about to shoot him when he lunged at me. I screamed. We both tackled and we ended up getting near the end of the cliff. Dad joined us then. He sent a punch our way but he ended up falling with us. We all fell off the edge. I screamed. I grabbed on to the first thing I could find and it turned out to be a vine sticking out of the cliff. I held on to dad's sleeve and Bruno held onto his foot. They were incredible heavy and I could barely keep us up. Bruno started shaking and we were twisting painfully. I felt my wrist snap and I screamed in pain. I knew it was broken. 

"Butterfly, baby, Casey, I love you. Tell mom and Jonah I love the too," dad said to me. I looked down at him with crazy eyes. "No! Dad!" I knew he was going to try and let go. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "You can't hold us both. We're all gonna fall," he whispered to me. I felt tears springing down my face. I saw tears in his too. "Don't cry, baby. You'll be alright," he said and smiled at me sadly. "No!" I screamed. "Argh!" Bruno screamed, trying to pull himself up. "Damn you!" I screamed at him and he smiled. Dad started pulling my hand off his sleeve. "Bye, baby. I love you," he whispered. He let go of my hands and they fell. One of them was the man I hated the most and the other was the man I loved the most. I closed my eyes as I heard a loud thud from under me. I cried in despair and hoisted myself up. My wrist hurt so much but I didn't care. I saw Stefan coming in my direction. "Casey!" he screamed. I reached out to him and he caught me. "Bartolomeo is here. He helped me," he said. I nodded. We quickly ran back to the house but then a gunshot sounded. I looked down at myself but saw nothing other than the already existing. That meant it wasn't me. I turned around and looked at Stefan. He smiled at me and then looked down. A red blotch was already forming on his wife beater. "No," I cried. He fell on his back and I dropped to his side. It turns out one of the men I had shot before wasn't dead and he had come back. He was about to shoot me when another gunshot sounded. It was Bartolomeo. He saved me. "Mr. Stefan was a good man," he said and dropped down beside me. 

"Casey, thank you for everything. You've been a great friend and I consider you as a sister already. Please tell my family that I love them," he whispered. "No! tell them yourself!" I screamed and slapped his chest. He coughed in pain and shook his head. "It's alright, Casey," he said to me. Tears were streaming down my face again. "No!" I screamed. He smiled at me and I watched as the life died out in him. With one last breath, he smiled up at the sky. A small smile stated permanently on his face. I closed and eyes and laid my head on his chest. Not another death. Bartolomeo was also grieving. "We shall get back to the house and get Mr. Matt," he said. I nodded. We stood up and went to the house. All the men had left the island in fear of getting arrested. I ran to Matt and  untied the ropes with one hand. "Case, your wrist!" he cried. I didn't care. I just wanted to be in his arms. I got him free and fell in his arms. With that, I blacked out. 

___________

2 more chapters left. :))